||21||

"Oh, Christian!" Lilly leaps into his arms just as I rolled my eyes.

How...dramatic.

"Lilly, it's alright you can get off now,"

"I'm just in an emotional state and I bumped into thi- Imani and it only made matters worse," she gets off and smoothens her skirt, " but I'm fine now, I won't get thrown off by such an issue," she shoots a glare and takes a step back.

"Alright...? Would you excuse us for a moment, Lilly?" he beckons me and I'm ushered into his office.

"Look, Christian, before you attack me, Lil-"
"I missed you," he pulls me closer to his chest, lifting me from the ground with his arms wrapped round my waist.

"Christian," I grunt.
"I know you want to lash out because of what just happened, but hear me out...I missed you," he pouts and I can't help but laugh at how adorable he looks in such a mood.

At the same time, I'm wondering what exactly Lilly has on her sleeve with the whole 'to and fro' situation. Obviously she's an obsessed woman and would plot anything against me, that I'm sure.

"What are you thinking about?" he nuzzles into my neck.
"Um, nothing. It's just, I don't know if I came at the right time, considering that you're still busy with work," I lie.
"Oh. I can close up so we go?" He suggests.

"Wait, we have our cars here with us and-"
"We'll use yours, I don't mind leaving my truck here," he cuts in.
"Okay,"

I take a seat and watch him clear his table before grabbing a black jacket from the armrest.

"Ready to go?"

× × ×

This feels surreal... how I'm at this point in my life with someone I didn't expect to be with. Not to mention how we got to this, if it goes any further then I have alot of answering to do with my parents back home .

After their call a few weeks ago, I cut them off to catch a breather. I mean, Christian and I are doing so well and involving them only makes matters sour. Believe it or not, I have set a ringtone for them and them alone, just so they don't rain on my shine. It's now refreshing to do so much to make myself (and Christian) happy, atleast I'm trying with him.

Yes, I get a little crazy with my temper but really, a sister can't help it!

[But enough of that though, let's get to Kenya's wedding.]

"Girls, check this out!" Hannah calls out to Kenya and I.

"For the bachelorette party," her face is cunning and foxy.
"Now's not the time, Hannah," Kenya rolls her eyes.

We all stare at the advert in the magazine that Hannah has in her hand, a fancy ladies club downtown.

It does sound fun; us having a serious night out just for Kenya's last days being -Kenya Badu. It's sad in a way, she'll go on her dream honeymoon and probably return pregnant and then start a family... or something. I just know marriage comes with its baggage, so my mother says.

"Just the three of us?" Kenya asks with a scowl.
"Duh!" Hannah's eyes roll.
"I don't know,"
"Oh, come on! You need this, Kenya. Y'all are always on my ass about going out to the club, this will be your last time!" I shove her arm.
"It's not like I'll be any different after I'm married, girls,"

"True," Hannah tilts her head to the side, " but after that ring is on your finger then we can't go as often as we used to... and you know that very well,"
"Not true," she defends.