||33||

It is exactly two months til the wedding and Kenya's been working on it since the year began; from her gown to the cake to invitation cards to the reception decor, she spearheaded it all. I love how she gets to have it the way she wants it and nothing else. Of course she has planners and organizers to assist with their expertise, but everything is done on her orders- and Adrian's.

Even though it's still far after the whole party we had, Adrian wanted it that way and so all we can do is follow suit. At this point they might have more parties we'll be on three if he does plan one more. I mean we already had the engagement party just last year beginning of December we might as well party til the actual wedding.

I'm just so happy for how far they have come, this wedding is just how they imagined it and I'm rooting for them all the way.

It's a weekend and I'm getting ready to head over to her house when my phone chimes on the dresser of my bedroom.
I am skeptic about picking this call but here goes.

"Hey,"
"Thought you'd never pick up," Noni chuckles.
"Well here I am. What's up?" I sit on the edge of my bed.
"We haven't talked in a while, I wanted to check up on you,"

What for? To tell James ? Tuh.

"Look, I know you come in peace all the time but this is unnecessary. What happens next, hm? You're going to fill James in on how I'm doing so he shows up at my house unexpected?" I pace back and forth in my room, nodding to myself at how conniving these people are.

Obviously telling her means telling my mother and the Kagan family. I cannot risk the calm state I'm in for the chaos they constantly cause.

"He's been showing up at your house unexpected? That's new,"
"I'm surprised you aren't aware. He showed up at Christian's office too,"
"Are you serious?" she gasps.

"So why did you call?" I revert to the issue at hand.
"It's about mum and dad, things are not okay," I scowl at her statement.
"Since you left there's been so much hostility in the house and I honestly couldn't take it anymore. I've prolonged my stay but at the same time I just want to leave this place but it'd just make matters worse and-"

"Slow down, Noni," she stays silent for a while.
"Gareth and I have been taking turns going out with Gabe to the mall or the park or somewhere to give our parents space to argue. It's just too much,"
"It's my fault, isn't it?" I feel a lump in my throat at the thought that this is a result of my doing.
"It's beyond that. There was so much they said- things that we probably couldn't notice growing up? There was this one time Gareth was out and mum had been nagging about how they should have treated you the way they did with me and the whole med school thing and that the reason they're in their predicament is because you're taking after dad..."
"Taking after dad?"
"I don't know what she meant because he remained silent and he just walked out on her til evening. It's just so many pieces I'm trying to put together things aren't adding up at all,"
"I'm shocked," is all I manage to say, letting out a deep sigh.

"I know its a lot to take in, there's so much else they said just one argument after the next, but I'm only telling you this because I couldn't tell anybody else. Not even James knows, this isn't the kind of news to break to him," she explains.

And it should stay that way with his tattletaling ass!

"Thank You for coming to me about it, Noni," I give a small smile.
"I had to, little sis," she chuckles softly, almost as though she's relieved to have called.
"We'll talk soon,"
"Alright, bye,"

I end the call and make my way out to meet Kenya.

***

"You okay?" Christian pulls away from our kiss.
"Yeah," I look down, feeling his hand cup my cheek.
"I can tell something is up- been up actually. I noticed you were off since Sunday at Adrian and Kenya's house. Did something happen?" He pulls me closer as we rest on his couch.