||43||

"Wow, thank you! Ah, you did this?"
"Well-"
"Actually this one is what Imani made," I roll my eyes as Christian pulls out my deformed clay pot.

The nerve.

"This looks... nice. It's quite artistic," my dad gulps, glancing over at Christian before looking back at the pot. In my opinion it looks beautiful, they simply don't understand my craft.

"See? He likes it," I smile and take the pot from him and walk off to find newspapers to cover them.

My father's leaving in a few days. I'm not sure if my mother or the Kagans are aware of any of this but I'm guessing they're not. He's been going on and on about how he wishes to walk around when he gets home but it's obvious he'll just be walking around the garden of his home.

About an hour passes and Christian leaves to attend to work with Mr Thompson, leaving me to finish up with sealing the pots in bubble wrap and tape.

"Ima," my dad walks in the living room.
"Yes, dad?"
"I need you take me to see your mother before I leave. Also, I know you had gone to see her," his hands slide into his pockets.
"Okay..." I have my lips in my mouth, "Dad, I needed to iron things out with her and she-" 

"Its fine."
"When do you want to go see her?" I sigh.
"Tomorrow morning," I slouch into the sofa.

My phone rings and Kenya's name flashes on the screen.

"I have to take this," I scowl as I go up the staircase and into my room.

"Girl, you know you can't be calling us like this," Hannah says once she connects to the call.
"A 'Hey newly wed, how's the honeymoon going?' would be nice," she pouts.
"Girl," I deadpan.

We all laugh and begin catching up. Hannah does most of the talking, I shouldn't do the same because we all know my tea isn't worth sharing at the moment. It'd be weird discussing my mother's behavior and how James' mum talked to me about my conduct. Why would a honeymooner want to listen to that?
I sit there as they talk until my train of thought is cut off.

"Imani,"
"Yes," I smile at the screen, "Um, hope you're having fun there babes. Send us pictures, I've got to go. Love you ," and with that I drop the call.

Damn it feels so hard to open up to my girls, it's even harder now that everything is going so well for them the last thing I want is to bring my shitty life story to ruin it for them. I curse under my breath and head downstairs when my phone vibrates.

New Message
Kenya: I know things are probably not okay on your end and you don't have to tell me if you're not ready. You're in my thoughts and prayers babes. All will fall into place in due time♥️

It vibrates yet again and I smile at the text.

Kenya: Ps: I'll be wearing the bikinis you got me this week- just for you. It's sun's out bums out this side.

***
"I'll call you when I'm done,"
"Wait what? Dad, I-I thought you said we'd go together? I want to go in with you," I stutter.
"No, I'll go in alone. I need to speak to your mother privately, you will remain here until I call you."

He walks into the building and I'm left with my thoughts. I fidget with my hands and look out the window countless times.

Time passes and I check my phone.

"An hour?" I hiss and look out to the building. There's no sign or movement by the entrance, nothing.