||9||

"Gir-Girlfriend?" she stutters.

As usual, my ego got the best of me that even I felt weird after saying what I said. It feels like one minute my mind was possessed and now it's not.

"Christian, you never told me you had a girlfriend?" Lilly's gives a him a long stare.

"Well, now you know," Christian laughs and grabs my waist, pulling me near his hard chest.

"Well, um... I will see you soon then," she leaves, walking up the staircase like a malfunctioning robot.

Christian turns to me once she's out of sight.

"Girlfriend, really?" He scoffs.
"Well she had to stay in her lane for goodness sake, she was throwing herself on you!" the words leave my mouth before I can stop them.

His forehead furrows a bit, and it is quickly replaced by a cocky smirk.
"Admit it, Imani, you're jealous,"

"Jealous? I'm jealous?!" I throw my hands at my sides.
"Glad you're owning up to your actions, because we're going to have to start dating soon," he keeps walking down the stairs and I hurriedly do the same.

"Ow! Christian that is not what I want to do!"I shout, limping behind him.
"Well, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Lilly shares news faster than a wildfire, she's probably told half of England by now. I say, you either go with this or go with this," he walks to his car and unlocks his door.

Wait what?

"Christian, I'm limping," I stop walking.
"We'll use my car then,"
"Well what about mine?"
"You'll give me your keys an-"
"I can't give you my keys?! Are you mad?!" I shriek.
"Can you just listen to me, please," he drags his words.

"Fine," I huff.
"Good. Now get in the car so I take you home," he enters the car and I do the same.

"What did you say about the car?"I ask once we're inside his car and he takes in a deep breath.
"I'll get a cab to Logan Square and take your car, from there drop it off at your house," he glances at the lane on the other side through the rear view mirror before joining it.

"Alright," I fold my arms.
"Imani, you should relax. For once let somebody take care of you- for you," I turn to look at his face full of concern as his eyes remain focused on the road.

"I mean you're strong-willed, confident and a hard-working,"

Lazy sometimes but, thanks.

" You're independent and vocal but just- allow people to take care of you. Do your friends do that?"

They take me out is what they do.they try their best in many other ways though ...they really do.

I have no strength to answer so instead I nod yes.

"Do they?" He glances at me and I realised he didn't see me move my head.

Damnit, man.

"They try," is all I manage to say.
"Well then they're really good people if they do that, because you deserve the reward for all your hard work,"

I sure wish my mother would say the same. Gee, I wonder why she's the first that came to mind. It has always been a competition in that house of hers, which child is better than the other. I always came second no matter how much I tried.