||10||

Morning arrives yet again, and it's raining outside.  I roll out of bed and go through my usual morning routine before making breakfast.

Walking to the mirror, I give one last look at my outfit for the day; beige dresspants along with a black turtleneck and a cardigan to match. My stubborn ankle has narrowed my choice of shoes down to brogues,which isn't much of a problem since I'm not a fan of heels anyway.

Grabbing a raincoat and an umbrella to be on the safe side, I rush to my car with caution and make it inside dry. Thank God, because my hair isn't even done yet due to all the activity over the weekend, I wouldn't want another case of shrinkage after a sprained ankle.

The office is busy once I arrived and I couldn't be more happier to see progress.

"Good morning, Wendy. Coffee, please," I walk to my desk to begin work.
"Good morning, ma'am. Getting it," she smiles and does as instructed.

My day isn't as busy, but I do know that I have to catch up on work since I hadn't gotten back to the office after the meeting.

"Hello, Imani," Pete enters, arms folded.
"Good morning, Mr Van Buren. I'm very busy today,"
"Wendy informed me that you were unable to return to work yesterday afternoon," he sits down in the chair across the desk.
"Well, she's just doing her job," I give him my signature 'leave me alone' smile.

"Oh, I see. But then, what happened?"
"Pete, just mind your business. Can you do that for me?" I sigh.
"Secrets don't stay long behind office doors,"
"My ankle was sore and it just happened to get worse yesterday. You probably didn't notice me limping around the office because you're always OD with your vanity," I roll my eyes.

"I do apologise for not noticing, it will change for the better," he gives me a cunning smile.
"Not that I'd care about your sudden sympathy and concern but- do you. It's a free world," I throw my hands in the air and bring them down to my desk, returning to my work.

"Your coffee, ma'am," Wendy places the cup and cookies on my desk. "Good morning, Mr Van Buren,"
"Wendy," he greets. "I'll see you around lucnh, Imani?"
"Goodbye, Pete," my head lowered as I continued typing.

The day goes by pretty slowly, the sky finally cleared by midday allowing me to take my cardigan off.

I wonder what Christian is up to.

My hand reaches for my bag under the desk and soon the phone is in my grasp.

Christian
Today

hey.[1222] 

The message goes through but there's no response.

heey.[1223] 

Why isn't he responding?

See, this is why I don't like getting attached to a man at all. One minute they all up in my house giving me foot massages and don't reply to my texts!

"Ugh,pathetic-" I grunt just as my phone vibrates.

[1225] Hey, you alright?

"Well, this is a good question to ask," I mutter to myself.

Not really. Why'd you take your time to reply? You busy? [1225]

[1226] what is the matter?  Oh,
I was busy, but now I'm not. Had to visit a building site.

I shouldn't have asked. Now I feel like those overprotective women who want to know everything about a guy and make sure he's not around any other female.