||34||

I stir in my sleep and finally open my eyes, the sun rays crawls in ending right at the edge of my bed.

It's Friday, and it's not just any Friday, it's the one where Christian leaves for England. I won't be seeing him off because-well, we're not on speaking terms. The closest to talking was him telling me his flight is set for Friday, he sure wastes no time.

I'm sure Adrian knows, and he probably told Kenya who probably told Hannah.
Thankfully nobody is bothering me about it so that's that.

I turn to check the time on the clock by my bedside, 0710hrs. This week has been exhausting, I managed to act fine since the incident but now I just feel drained.

There's nothing to look forward to today, nothing at all.
But my phone has other plans I guess.
It vibrates endlessly next to the clock and I lazily grab it and bring it to my ear.

"Hello" I answer groggily into the device.
"Good Morning, princess,"
"Dad?" I sit up.
"Are you not at work by now? You sound like you've been asleep,"

I fall back to the bed and cover my face, I'm to tired, Sir please!

"Um, yeah I am. I'm not feeling well," I answer truthfully.
"Is it a headache? Mild fever..."

No. A broken heart?

"I'm not sure," I purse my lips because what do I tell this man?
"Paracetamol should do the trick for now," he suggests. When you have a father that's a doctor, you're sure to have him go ham from time to time.
"Yes, Sir," I sigh.
"Noni introduced me to video calls a day ago. I video called Gabe from outside to test it. I'm not used to technology that you kids are fond of but I'm willing to try for you," he chuckles to himself.

I love how after my visit he's making efforts to understand me and not condemn me even though he does have standards he'd not change for any man. I do get where he's coming from with the cultural standards he holds and I respect them nonetheless. Thank goodness none includes marriage because that's where my mother wants him to side her so much- anyway this is not about her.

"You let Gabe use the phone?" I crack into a short laugh.
"Noni bought this very thick phone cover you know? Gabe drops things alot but we had it sorted. So she took him outside to start the call and we talked like he lived far away..." I smile as he continues to narrate.

"...and so now I'm done and I press the red button to end the call and the pop up says 'how was the call?' In what sense? Give stars, what for?" I snort and he sighs, I can tell he's nodding his head in dissatisfaction of this new 'technology' he just discovered.
"You'll be fine, dad," I remark, "These things get easier as you go."
"I see... but getting back to the agenda for the day, I need us to call. Since I've grasped a thing or two I would like to see to you. And tomorrow is Saturday, please make time," he informs me.
"Sure, I will," I smile. I hear giggles in the background, that must be Gabe.

"Come say hello to aunty," my dad's voice fades out and shuffling noises are heard before he returns to the call.
"Hello?" Gabe says all jolly.
"Hey Gabe," my voice is now a squeak.
"Where is your man?" Dad laughs in the background and my heart sinks a little.

Ah shit.

"Um, he's around," I feel my throat clog up at the thought.
And he's leaving today.