||4||

"Oh please, Imani. Just a trip to the movies then my house won't hurt a fly," Kenya says through the phone.

"I am busy, you know that," I state the obvious, I am currently twisting my hair infront of the bathroom mirror.

"Let me visit you then. I will order us some noodles and wine, probably call Hannah and we can get all girly,"
"Hannah's probably still nursing her hangover. Plus, I want to rest my head a bit," I whine, grabbing my head cloth and wrapping it round my head.

"As always, but I'll just call you when I'm by your house. Bye," the call ends before I can even protest.

O.k

I dress in a bedroom gown and crawl into bed, glancing at the clock on my bedside to see 12:46pm flashing at me in red.

Ugh, Kenya don't land! Get stuck in traffic or something.

My phone vibrates and I pick it.

"Yes, Kenya,"
"Girl, I'm stuck in traffic. Apparently there's a rugby match today and it's noisy here and there's cars everywhere," I hear ruffling noises before she returns to the call, " But, we could always meet tomorrow after church?"

"No problem, I'm sorry about the traffic and all that rugby business,"

Even though my mind is clearly on the fast lane to sleepville.

"Later, B,"
"Later,"

***

"So, we have managed to find these two contractors; Brisk Build& co. and Chaka Lead," two files are passed to me as one of the co-workers continued, " from their profiles, they offer quick and efficient building services, more especially Brisk,"

"Interesting," my eyes are glued to the file in my hand, " ok, have Simon and Wendy call them, I need the rest of you to forward your lists as well. No slacking, everyone,"

The meeting is dismissed and walk into my office.

"Wendy,"
"Yes, Ms Yané," her tiny voice grew louder as she approached the door.
"We're going to be working on the project with Brisk. I want you to contact them and see if you can make an appointment with them either today or any other time this week,got it?"

"Yes ma'am," she walks off.
"And a cup of coffee would do me good after," I smile as she walks out.

"Mr Logan," I say taking out my notepad as I began the call, " Imani Yané here from Khale Enterprise...yes I just called to let you know that the project will be well under way, we just found a handful of contractors...that can be arranged, yes!" I say with a grin, " I hope to hear from you soon, thank you,"

"Your coffee, ma'am," she places a tray of cookies on the side, " There's free cookies now, don't worry," she smiles shyly.

"Why would I?"
"Well, I had to say that in case you probably thought Mr Van- if he was the reason behind the cookies,"

"Oh," I nod in understanding.

I spend the rest of the day behind my desk,and at five Wendy passes by to tell me she's done for the day.

Maybe I should too... My body is aching so badly that I need a massage.

This is exactly why you need a man.
Hannah's words ring at the back of my mind as I ride home.