||12||

A few days later...

"Good morning, Ima. I'm happy to hear you're doing well with James. I know he'll have a good stay there because you're with him. Let me go cook supper now, goodnight,"

I press end once her voice message is done and gaze outside my office window.

James is only here to keep an eye on my activities, my mother's message made it quite clear.

My mother and her silly methods are a pet peeve getting on my last nerve. And James, ugh him and his big ass mouth telling my mother that we're 'doing well'! Where does he get the guts for that?!

The phone ring brings my thoughts on hold and I'm forced to pick it.

"Yes?"
"Mr Greear is on the line, he wants to speak to you concerning Logan Square?" Wendy informs me.

Aww I know he doesn't want to talk about that. My subconscious says slyly.

On second thought, maybe he does. I mean, he is using a company phone. Gosh Imani you've got to lay off of the romantic office movies.

"Ms Yané speaking," I say into the phone once Wendy put him through.
"Good morning," his husky voice teases my ear.

Man, he's good.

"Yes, Mr Greear. How may I help you?"
"Well, Mr Logan called me and wanted to see me concerning the schematics for the extension,"

"Uh-huh," I smile, knowing he cannot see me acting like a highschool girl getting a Valentine's note from some 'secret admirer'.

"So... I just wanted to inform you incase he doesn't," he speaks slowly, I bet he knows what effect he's creating amidst our conversation.

"I bet he will," I chuckle into the phone.
"Alright then, I'll text you if anything changes,"
"No problem,"

A few days ago, Christian made it clear on his intentions concerning us being 'a couple'. It was really shocking how he wanted us to discuss relaying the message to people or just keeping it between us, as well as going out to get to know each other so we don't fumble when we're on the hot seat and honestly, I just nodded the entire time.

Surprisingly, Kenya and Hannah aren't aware that Christian and I are actually a thing. And I explained my take on it on how it should be kept that way- for now. That and Adrian not finding out what is going on either.

It was a relief to know that we made an agreement to get to know each other other than actually falling in love.

Does Imani even look like the kind to do so? I mean heck, I melt on the inside just having Christian around me but to put love on it... I'd rather not.

I feel that inasmuch as I'm going through with the agreement Christian and I have, good as it looks, I just cannot put my finger on it to say we are as invested. The feelings are there and - where is this talk going?

My thoughts vaporise when I glance at my phone,the screen flashing a few times.

Our call ends and I grab my phone.

Christian
Today

care to join me for lunch? [1125]

___________________________________
I know this is a very short chapter apologies.
Don't forget to vote and comment ✨♥️