||Epilogue||

A year later...

...December. This isn't any regular month, no. It's the one where I have to head back home with Christian so we break the news to my family- we're having a baby!

Okay maybe that would be a scary announcement for a black household that doesn't take jokes, especially since we're not married.

Basically, there is no baby (as of yet) but we do have something even better, we own our first house as a couple. After Christian successfully got his getaway bungalow and leasing the villa, he started venturing into new businesses, and even bought Brisk Co.! And of course he couldn't have done it without the help of his wingman- woman, me. With all the work we've been doing in just a year, it opened us to more opportunities and tapping into each other's goals and interests.

Because of the conflict of interest going on back home, I dedicated the first half of the year to start a building project there and Christian has been so generous with helping me with it once he bought the company. I have not disclosed this to my parents, so far Noni is the only one aware of this project.

Other than the fact that I've literally been building dream houses back home similar to Town Hill Estate, I'm also at loggerheads with myself on what to get Christian for his birthday.

And incase anyone is wondering what happened the previous year, lets just say he's allergic to seafood.
But hear me out; at least I nursed him, he learned a new skill on MasterClass(my treat) the entire time and then I took him to the spa once his allergies wore off. He was brand new before Christmas!
That, ladies, is killing three birds, with all the stones you've got.

So this time around I want to do things differently, I'll get him something more homely. I'm still not sure what I'll make but it should be food he knows all too well, and a tangible gift.

I'm off work this month and thankfully, Pete is standing in until Khale Enterprises closes for Christmas. This gives me plenty of time to make a gift for Christian, I only have a week to juggle his gift and our trip back home.

"I think it's cute that you're making him a gift for his birthday and not buying something from a store," Kenya pages through a magazine by the kitchen island with Hannah while I fix some drinks for us.
"You could also get him handcuffs, a whip..." Hannah trails off and I deadpan.
"What? Save it for when y'all get married, ah ah," she returns to her magazine.
"Is that what you got for Martin on his birthday?" we both smirk at her and she tenses.
"No."
"She won't admit it, but we know," Kenya winks.

We laugh and share a round of Mojito cocktails which I made myself and enjoy the rest of the day listening to Afro music babbling about the festive season.

-
"Good Morning," his raspy voice vibrates in my ear, wrapping his hands round my waist.
"You're not supposed to be up," I whine, "You were supposed to stay in bed."
"I couldn't help it,"
"Well," I huff and turn round to face him with a plate of pancakes with raspberries and syrup to top it off, "Happy birthday, my baby."
"This is cute, thank you," he bends down to kiss me before taking the plate and walks round to sit down.
"I made you something," I smile cheekily, I give him a box.
"Feels heavy," he places it gently on the countertop and lifts the cover over.

"Wow," he smiles, turning the clay pot round,"when did you make this?"
"A week ago, I glazed it too," I say proudly.
"I see that. It looks very beautiful, thank you," he stands to hug me, following with a kiss.
"Well, I learn from the best,"
"I should teach you plumbing next," he says jokingly.
"Wow, Christian!" I guffaw, "I'm... looking forward to that."