||31||

2 weeks later...

"Okay we'll need each vase on it's own table. Hannah will be bringing the flowers to put in them,"

Today's the day of the party. And I must say, Christian and I gave this our all. My backyard looks nothing like my backyard at this point.

We had a few of Adrian's family assist with making a good backdrop with the colors I chose; the blues, grays and whites. The outcome is elegant yet simple, love it.

With the backdrop, the carvings Christian and I made plus his tables and chairs that give a vintage feel to the backyard, we are all set. All that's left now is him bringing extra snacks and beverages, Hannah is yet to bring the flowers and Adrian will be arriving with the lady of the hour.

At the moment, I'm taking as many pictures as possible of my transformed backyard while two of Adrian's relatives touch up where necessary.

A notification pops up on my screen, Hannah is outside.

"Hey,babe! Hope these are good for the tables. I brought some cupcakes too, they're in the back," I walk over to her car for them when I spot Christian's truck pull over behind it.

"I'll be inside," she walks in with the bouquet of hydrangea flowers in hand.

"Hope I'm not late," "Not at all," I nod and he gives a quick peck on my lips

"Not at all," I nod and he gives a quick peck on my lips.

"People will be arriving at around eleven. We've got time," I explain, walking behind him.

Time flies and soon we are all in the backyard, waiting to surprise Kenya.

I stand by the front door, watching Adrian guide her into the house blindfolded. She takes small anxious steps until she reaches the door to the backyard.

"Ready?" Adrian asks.
"Babe, I'm way too curious now," she laughs nervously.

The baby blue cloth is gently pulled away from her eyes and she opens them slowly.

"SURPRISE!" a cheer echoes through the place.

"Adrian, what's this for?" her eyes glistening with a smile dancing on her lips, holding back tears.
"Quarter to becoming my wife," we crack into laugher and she leans in to kiss him.

I've never been this happy for my friend than I am now...

**
The agenda for the day has been accomplished, and I bask in the peace and happiness that fills the backyard. Music plays softly in the background, people slowly leave for their homes and at some point Hannah starts clearing up.
Adrian and Kenya are still around, dancing slowly to a song that happens to be their favorite.