||37||

"Ms Yané?" I look up from my laptop and its Wendy walking in holding a large black velvet box.
"Yes?"
"This is for you from a...hm, there is no name here," I twitch as she lays the item on my table. She looks at me warily before I stand to click the box open.
I then pick the note that laid on the top.

I am sorry. Hope you like these.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
J.K

"Interesting, white roses," I raise a brow and turn to Wendy, extending a stem to her.
"Oh?" she hesitantly takes it, "Are you sure you don't want to maybe keep them?"
"What for? First off, who gets a lady roses in a box like this? Why enclose them like this? I'm not the one," I grab the rest of the bouquet and head out my office, handing a stem to each lady I pass by in the office.
Call me petty but one thing I do not want to do is keep roses from James in the name of an apology. Besides, I find it suspicious that he's suddenly emerging after Christian leaving the country, he must have an informant.

The day goes by and I make my way to Kenya's house from work. I don't think she'll be having any visitors today so it'll probably be her, Hannah and I.

"So ladies," Hannah pops open a bottle of red wine, pouring into the glasses in front of us, "Let's get to the agenda for the evening: bachelorette party for three. I have decided we'd have it at my house two days before the wedding because the last thing we want is a hung over bride," we burst into laughter and raise our glasses at the odds that would happen.

"Although I would imagine myself- you know what nevermind," Kenya chuckles to herself.
"I don't want Adrian looking at me differently from the altar, Kenya," Hannah purses her lips.
"Speaking of altars," I clear my throat, " Y'all weren't in church this past Sunday-"
"As if your heathen ass ever shows up every other Sunday," disgust is evident on Hannah's face when she butts in.

"I have my reasons," I sit upright.
"Yeah, she had appointments," Hannah gestures with her hand curled into an O with a front to back motion vigorously over her now wide open mouth and tongue hanging out. Kenya cheers excitedly and all I want to do right now is slam their heads on these marble countertops.
"Ew," is all I say.
"Ok let's stop,"Hannah eases down, " so what happened at church?"

"The usual; the kids church had a short drama and dance then a good sermon. Oh and Mrs Fuller persuading me to go on a date with her son,"
"I mean he's not bad at all," Kenya scrunches her nose and mouth.
"At least he's not James," Hannah mutters.
"Right?" Kenya sighs, " And what's his issue with wanting y'all to talk?"
"I don't know but I sure don't care. You know he sent flowers to my office this morning?"
"No," they gasp in unison.
"He sent an apology note along with it. Anyway, I gave each lady on my floor a rose and went about my day," I take a sip of my wine and then notice Kenya and Hannah stare at me as though I have extra pairs of eyes on my face.

"Biiiich," Hannah says in a deep tone, "You gave the flowers away?"
"You wanted me to keep them?"
"Well no. I'm just shocked that you made that move," she shrugs and takes a sip of her wine.
"Have you asked Noni why he might be asking to speak to you?" Kenya leans in.
"No, plus this is something I can deal with by myself,"
"Well I'll be here if you need help with anything. If you want us to walk up to his house and castrate the jackass, burn his house to the ground I'm just an SMS away. We clean up the evidence and Kenya will be back up with an alibi or something," Hannah's hand rests on my shoulder as she whispered this impossible plan of hers but loud enough for Kenya to hear.

My phone vibrates on the counter top and I reach for it. There's a bunch of messages from Noni and my dad and I scroll through each one.