||27||

Days later...

Today's excursion is the marketplace in hopes to find some interesting stuff worth buying. A loose white tee paired with a maxi floral skirt is a good fit, sandals to match.

"And where is my princess off to?" My father asks from the living room as I head for the front door.
"I want to do a little shopping,"
"Come,sit for a minute," he pats the empty seat next to him.

He's currently reading a book and pauses once I'm finally seated near him.

"So much is going on in the house I haven't had time to sit and talk to you," he closes the book and takes his glasses off, " how have you been?"
"I've been ok," I say, looking down at my hands.
"How's work? I'm sure it's flourishing," he clears his throat.
"Yeah, it's been great and demanding,"
"When you're a Yané, to harvest greatly you have to toil. My father always made sure his children worked to their absolute best. Becoming a doctor was no child's play you know,"
"I know," I smile.
"I hope you realise that your mother and I want nothing but the best for you. We never do what we do for nothing,"
"I understand,"
"So, what are you going to buy?" He changes subject.
"Fruits, some macadamia maybe. I missed having good ol' snacks,"
"Do what you must," he chuckles lightly, "I'll be here reading my book til your mother returns from the ladies meeting at church."
"Ok," I pat his shoulder and make my exit.

I stop at a red light and search a few radio stations. EDM plays on one and I instantly think of Christian tapping his thumbs on the steering wheel. I find myself doing the same and make a turn to a highway.

"We're going to the mall," I say to myself, changing plans. Something to remind me of Logan Square.

The one mall in town has some impressive developments, I'm amazed that it looks better than I last saw it. Mr Logan would fancy this place.

I step out the car and walk in, passing a few designer stores, an open area ahead with a fountain in the centre and on the other end an escalator. I make my way to it and notice an interracial couple descending, all smiles. I'm sure the man's parents had mixed feelings about him being with a lady who is fairly lighter and has free flowing hair.
On second thought maybe they weren't, I mean not all families are that traditional , no?

There's a hair supply store to my left and I take the liberty to check for something to buy, maybe a wig?

"Good day! How may I help you?" The lady at the counter seems friendly.
"You have really nice pieces here," I look around and spot a curled bob wig.

I think I've found a new look.

Two hours pass and I return home with about four wigs and some cute sets of lingerie which isn't quite like what I usually buy.
I did manage to get the macadamia, and some cashew nuts for good measure.

The house is live with laughter and I walk in to find my dad and the Kagan men ( we all know who) watching a game of soccer.

James turns to me, his eyes raking down my body slowly, and I find it very uncomfortable.

"Good evening," I smile, placing my bags down and going over to greet them.

I make my way upstairs and organize my stuff, taking out the lingerie to be washed before I get to use them. Throwing everything in a small basket, I walk out.

"Ima,"
"Shhiit," I flinch and turn around "- James, what the hell?!" I hiss.

He glances at the basket then back up, "So who's son are you going to please in those?"
"I don't need to please anyone. Can you just go?" my shoulders tense, if he says anything else I just might hit him with this basket.
"Very well then," he scoffs,rubbing his beard and turning to leave.