18: Healing Or Hurting?

Jisung POV :

The task I was given was rather strange.

Why exactly did we have to kill her father?

Yes, I understand the whole family thing, but why was this such a sudden thing?

There was no planning or even forward notice.

I had a creepy vibe. Someone was hiding something and it was about to blow up.

Mark Lee POV :

Leading the group swiftly and quietly through the vents I questioned my sanity.

Almost all of my life I've been a killer. A thief. A monster.

And now...

I'm about to take away someone's father simply because I don't want mine taken away.

I felt selfish.

Sure. Y/n wasn't my favorite when I found what her presence could do to all of us but I didn't hate her. Nor do I want her to suffer.

But at this point...

I don't even know if she's alive.

YangYang POV :

We were crawling through vents, something I've done before....

Stealth? That is my thing.

And it always will be. I knew my task and I didn't feel a single bit guilty.

Rather it be her than me.

I followed behind WinWin and Mark out of the vents, with the others behind me and we jumped out.

After that I got the signal and I ran over to him at his desk, without a sound and covered his mouth.

Meanwhile, Doyoung wraps a thin, black rope around hus neck and walks in front of him.

With Jisung holding his feet, so his people don't hear him calling for help.

Doyoung whispered to him harshly. "Don't speak a word."

And Y/n's father nodded quickly.

"Where's the mood diamond?" Mark said as Sicheng walks over to his right with Mark on his left.

Doyoung jerks the black rope for him to speak and he does.

"I won't tell you." He says and Doyoung looks angrier than I've ever seen him.

"Tell us where it is." Doyoung demands and he shakes his head no.

Doyoung then gives the signal to Mark and Sicheng to search and they do.

After a few moments of nothing, I closed my eyes and tried to control my anger.

Doyoung POV :

Everyone was angry. Even I was.

Normally I can keep my cool and now was the exception.

I nodded for YangYang and Jisung to go look as I wanted a one-on-one chat with him to see if I could maybe persuade his mind a bit.

After they let go, I held one hand on the black rope and one on the pressure point on his shoulder.

I sunk my fingers harshly on it and he gasped through gritted teeth.

I spoke. "Tell us where it is."

He smirked through the pain and spoke in a whisper.

"I have an idea."