ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

CHAPTER 1: The Emperor Swallow

In the heaven's recording of the first year, the prince with excellent reputation amongst the people, Zheng Liu, ascended the throne as Emperor. This seems to be what all the people wanted. During that early spring, hundreds of neglected tasks had been undertaken, and the country was in quite the flourishing state.

Today is the busiest day of Hong Fu temple, devotees gathers here, not just the usual commoners but also many dignitaries within the Capital. More importantly, the Capital's two most prestigious beauties have come today to offer incense.

Although they say monks are completely indifferent to worldly temptations[1], after a long time, they too will generate fatigue in their sights. Hearing that two beauties will be coming today, the hearts of old and young monks alike shows traces of delightfulness.

The two beauties, one is the daughter of Han Lin Academy's (imperial academy)minister, Yao Ying. The other is the daughter of the Capital's commander in chief's secretary, Yu Gui Wan. A scholar who has seen the two of them before has once commented: One is a tender flower illuminating the moon, charming like the flowers in spring. One is a willow branch trembling in the wind, pitiful like the moon in autumn.

Inside the monastery's grounds, a four-bearer dark red sedan chair stops outside the most remote and s.p.a.cious entrance. When the sedan is placed down, a maid walks up, reaching out to lift the curtain. She speaks to the person inside: "Young Lady, we have arrived."

Someone slowly comes out from within the sedan. Although they have already grown accustomed to the young lady's looks, the four sedan bearers still continue to momentarily feel as though the air around them has been pumped up with excitement.

Gui Wan comes out from the sedan, looking up to see the wide vacant area of the monastery, no unexpected incidents has occurred, it is indeed really quiet and secluded, really in line with her requirements. From the corner of her eyes, she spots two other sedans outside the monastery. A little surprised by this, don't know who else could have chosen this path to avoid the eyes and ears of the people.

Faintly smiling, she looks back to tell the sedan bearers to get some rest, and turns back, leading the maid, Ling Long, towards Hong Fu temple.

The monastery has already sent for someone to wait for her since early morning, seeing Yu Gui Wan and her maid slowly walk up, he hurriedly goes up to greet her. When he gets a clear look of Gui Wan's face, he freezes on the spot, never thought that there would be such beauty in this world. Now, he suddenly understands why the master of the Dharma Hall had sent for him, the one with greatest concentration amongst the younger generation, to be designated to this specific post.

Composing himself, he curtly pays his respects to Gui Wan, "Benefactor Yu, Master has been waiting, please follow me."

The maid Ling Long glances over this monk a few times. Within her eyes, a look of admiration held within her eyes.

Gui Wan nods her head, "I thank Master for leading the way."

The three people walks through the middle of the big hall, no one speaking along the way, thus increasing the constant cloudiness in the atmosphere within this incomparably solemn temple.

Having just come out of that specifically empty hall, Gui Wan was surprised to see that other than the Dharma Hall's Master Hong Yuan, there is also a man and woman. Although it is just their back views, one can still sense the extraordinary air around them. From the looks of their luxurious attires, one can only a.s.sume that if not wealthy, they are at least of honourable position.