ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

CHAPTER 13: Helpless

“Lady Consort, the wind is strong here, your body is weak, please may you return to the palace.” Palace maid Miao Ye feebly voices out, anxiously looking at the beautiful person before her as she gently persuades.

The words lightly drifts past her ears, not at all transmitting to her head, Yao Ying unconsciously nods her head, but does not make a single move, only looking down from the palace walls absent-mindedly.

Silently letting out a sigh, Miao Ye no longer says anything more, standing behind Yao Ying as she quietly watches this doted consort within the inner palace, brows locked in a knitted position, deep in her heart, mixed feelings with all sorts of ups and downs welling up. Since Consort Ying first entered the palace, she has been serving her by her side, many matters seen in the eye, but understood in the heart, it is just unfortunate she is unable to speak her own mind, if not, she would definitely advice this stunningly beautiful girl, worldly matters cannot be forcibly pressed, only by letting go of others can one let go of oneself.

……

The pa.s.sing of time is like a grater grating at Yao Ying’s patience and faith, gradually generating an emotional turmoil within, could it be that he really isn’t coming? Lightly, she shakes of such absurd thoughts in her heart, telling herself, news of him returning to the Capital had already been sent to her this morning, there is no way he won’t be coming……blindly making all sorts of disorderly thoughts on one hand, whilst comforting herself on the other, she holds such complex emotions as she quietly waits.

Miao Ye looks at Consort Ying’s face noticeably pale and weak, considering that she is already a pregnant woman, she grits her teeth, intending to walk up front, she shall pull Consort Ying away no matter what, just as she was thinking this, she suddenly sees Consort Ying’s eyes widen, the originally beautifully shaped lips forms an even prettier curve, her face suddenly turning gloriously radiant, brilliant and moving, Miao Ye had actually froze, unable to respond in any way.

“Miao Ye, he’s come, let us quickly return to the palace and await for him.” Smiling so sweetly as she turns back, dazzling all the maids and eunuchs behind her, Yao Ying joyfully speaks, the smile on her face shining with deeply moving innocence. Not waiting for others’ reaction, Yao Ying walks down from the stairs of the palace platform, leading the way towards the direction of Jing Yi Palace.

Miao Ye hurriedly follows after, the words calling out for Consort Ying to slow down had yet to leave her lips, when the one half jogging in front, Yao Ying suddenly halts her steps, turning back around, actually wearing somewhat of a worried look, Miao Ye was puzzled, when Consort Ying’s doubtful voice travels to her ears: “Am I looking really ugly right now?”

Seeing Consort Ying ask this with such seriousness, Miao Ye honestly answers: “Not ugly, this servant has truly never seen anyone who is more beautiful than Lady Consort.” Also, because the wind had already dishevelled her hair slightly, it even more shows another side of Consort Ying, pa.s.sionately poetic.

Unfortunately the palace maid’s response did not give her the slightest bit of confidence, her hand reaches up to gently stroke her hair, Yao Ying orders: “Quickly return to the palace, I need to tidy up my appearance.” Turning around, she immediately increases her speed as she heads towards the inner palace.

A girl will doll herself up for the one she loves, this phrase is not at all wrong. Thinking this, Miao Ye hurriedly follows behind.

Waves of faintly fragrant incense smoke drifts around in the air, heavily luxuriant, as though inviting people into deep intoxication, the entire palace hall because of the withdrawal of the palace maids and guards alike, opens up into an emptier, quieter, darker s.p.a.ce. Lou Che enters the inner chambers of Jing Yi Palace, his brows locked in a crease, the usual faint smile hanging on his face. Towards the inner chambers, with a tone neither urgent, neither slow, neither loud, neither quiet, he calls out: “This subject Lou Che greets Lady Consort, may Lady Consort forever be safely at peace.”