ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

CHAPTER 22: Secret Battle

Feel that in the mortal world, everything will come to autumn, all shaken down.[1]

Feng Shan (maple mountain) in the northern area of the Capital City, is famous for its entire mountain of red leaves, every autumn, leaves continues to endlessly fall across this boundless land, such scenery half dyed in red, attracts many visitors here, someone has once poetically described this: "Gently lingering in the autumn wind, the red leaves of Feng Shan descends."

Feng Shan today seems to be particularly lively, during this early morning, a group of esteemed guests have arrived at the foot of the mountain, dressed in silk clothing, golden headdress with jade belts, dressed in whole bodies of extraordinary worth, along the way, they have attracted many watchful eyes. The mountain visitors were all speculating the ident.i.ty of these people, no one would have thought that they are royalty and n.o.ble gentlemen from within the Capital City being accompanied by beauties as they tour Feng Shan together.

The entire group sits in the teahouse at the foot of the mountain, quenching their thirst, chatting and joking around, planning to get a little rest first, before they go up Feng Shan.

"The scenery of this Feng Shan is indeed phenomenal," Lightly swaying the paper fan in hand, Zheng Liu carries a warming smile as he asks the other people, "What does everyone think of it?"

In fact, most of the accompanying officials has lived in the Capital City for many years, the scenery of this place, they have already seen it before, but with the Emperor asking this, not one person did not put on a joyful smile, compet.i.tively fighting for the first praise, to match up with the Emperor's aesthetic mood.

The Third Ranked Scholar[2] in the same cla.s.s of year as Guan Xiu Wen, has always struggled for a chance to present himself, to actually catch onto the opportunity for flattery, he immediately steps forward, a straight face saying: "I have always thought that the Three Greatest Sceneries in the world, without Feng Shan, is indeed a great pity."

The officials were speechless, within officialdom, flattery, shameless bootlicking is but a basic requirement, but to only touch and go, leaving behind no traces, such is the true essence to it, this new Third Ranked Scholar speaks so exaggeratingly, all the officials were secretly laughing inside, cynically watching on, waiting to see how he will make a fool of himself.

Seeing everyone watching him, the Third Ranked Scholar grows complacent, even his voice had tuned three points higher: "A scene of red dyes Feng Shan, such magnificent scenery, is able to rival that of the Three Greatest Sceneries, but when the Three Greatest Sceneries were chosen, Feng Shan was actually not included amongst them, is this not odd? I propose that Huang......Gentleman should write a pet.i.tion, to have Feng Shan included amongst the Four Greatest Sceneries."

Zheng Liu faintly smiles but says nothing, the entire group of officials secretly chuckles, the Three Greatest Sceneries were appointed by the people of the world, Feng Shan may be beautiful, but also falls very short, to impose such idea right now, afraid that one must want to become the laughing stock, it just so happens that this Third Ranked Scholar is uninformed, and is even rather proud of himself.

"Gentleman Liu's words are absolutely right ah." Thin lips hooking up into a smile, Lou Che's eyes like the night skies looks directly at the Third Ranked Scholar, speaking his praises.

Hearing Lou Che's words, the Third Ranked Scholar's smile spreads even more, to receive the imperial court's Prime Minister Lou's appreciation, how could he still be afraid of not being able to rapidly go up the ranks in future? His lips modestly saying: "Not at all, not at all."