ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

CHAPTER 19:Storm In The Back Palace (Part One)

Clearly knowing not to but still resorting to such, calling it "courage", clearly knowing not to but still resorting to such, what it should be called, do you know?

It is called "sin"......

Lou Che places down the brush in hand, gazing down at the official doc.u.ment on the desk, his thinking somewhat blank, constantly thinking back to that night they returned from the palace, those vague words of Gui Wan's. A bundle of irritation shoots up his heart, and with a sound of "pa--" the doc.u.ment is slammed shut, he closes his eyes, entering deep thoughts, but is disrupted with a wave of hurried steps, gradually closing in from afar, coming to a sudden stop outside the door.

"My lord?" The old housekeeper sounding a little breathless, tentatively calls out.

His eyelids doesn't lift in the slightest, silent to the point it seemed like he heard nothing, after a while, Lou Che slowly opens his eyes, "What's the matter?"

"My lord, outside, the Imperial Physician Hall's Qing Xun, Lord Qin is requesting an audience." The housekeeper's tone is still as courteous and respectful as ever, a long waiting time has already become a custom.

The corner of his lips hooking up, tracing a playful smile, Lou Che deeply emits a laughing tone: "Did he say what it's about?"

"My lord, he says there's an extremely important matter to report." His master's thoughts and mood has always been very difficult to make out, but according to a decade of serving experience in the estate, his master today, definitely cannot be considered to be in a good mood.

"Extremely important?" He softly sounds, accompanied by laughter, those who come here in request of an audience, which one of them dares say it isn't important, after a moment of consideration, his voice recovers its gentle warmth, "Allow him in."

The footsteps once again distances away, and a while later, they return with two sets of steady steps, an elderly voice sounds from outside: "This old minister Qin Xun greets Prime Minster."

The old housekeeper walks up, opening the room doors, Lou Che is still maintaining his leisurely seated position, his elegantly handsome face carrying a smile like that of the spring breeze, yet those eyes containing deeply imbedded chill, does not lighten in the slightest, "Lord Qin please."

Qin Xun nods his head, slowly stepping into the room, not daring to show any disrespect towards the well refined man in front, he sits a seat down from the first guest seat, only soiling half the chair, as he solemnly sits.

A maid serves up hot tea, the steam gently rising, and its tea fragrance instantly overflowing the room, a ghostly flavour diffusing into the air.

Lou Che takes a sip of the tea in a leisurely manner, under a glance of his eyes, Qin Xun grows restless with great unease, his behaviour so nervous, it gives rise to a trace of suspiciousness, slowly placing down the tea cup, a light sound of collision between cup and saucer lures in Qin Xun's attention, "With even such clear fragrant tea not suiting Lord Qin's appet.i.te, could it be something is troubling you?"

Taking a look all around, finding that the housekeeper, the maid, have all withdrawn, only Lou Che and himself is in the room, he unconsciously gulps down a mouthful of saliva, speaking up with difficulty: "Prime Minister Lou, this matter, don't know whether it's proper or improper to speak of."

His smile lines unravelled, eyes appearing even darker, Lou Che slightly straightens his body, revealing an expression of interest, "Exactly what is the matter?"

Extending his hand to wipe away the sweat on his forehead with his sleeve, Qin Xun appears fearful, his heart met with slight struggles. Showing a recollecting expression, he slowly starts speaking: "Prime Minister Lou, two months ago, Lady Consort Ying had a miscarriage, at the time this subject I was the Imperial Physician Hall's attendant to this, responsible in taking care of Lady Consort's body. According to the rules, all prescriptions issued from the Imperial Physician Hall should all be disposed of afterwards, that day, I went to find Lady Consort Ying's miscarriage prevention prescription, only to find that the prescription had actually disappeared, I immediately grew anxious......if the prescription is not to be found, then I'm unable to complete my job, so I could only go to the place where we make prescriptions, hoping to be able to write out the prescription from looking at the situation of the medications, once this old minister I arrives at the place where medication is prescribed, I found that, the placement spot for eucommia bark, had actually been swapped with saffron......" His voice getting quieter and quieter, trembling as he rises to his feet at the end.