ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ

CHAPTER 4: The Capital Is Very Small

The sun was shining, birds were singing and flowers fragrant, above in the obsolete loft room, there stands a young man, eyes looking out of the window, his face showing no expression, attentively looking into the distance, immersed in his inner thoughts.

The wind picks up.

Lifting the youth's hair as it blows, his sleeves billowing. Gradually getting irritated, Gui Wan takes out a silver ribbon from her sleeve, tying her hair high up. Knitting her brows, she looks into the distance, patiently waiting.

Suddenly a snow white pigeon flies in from the north, circling above the old loft room several times, and suddenly flaps its wings. The little dove calls out as it settles down on the handrail, its head turning side to side. Gui Wan walks up close, lowly mumbling: "It's finally here." Grabbing hold of the pigeon, she extends her hand and holds the capsule on the pigeon's foot, from it she extracts a note, thoroughly looking over the details, she becomes slightly disappointed.

Raising her head, she ponders a little, turning her body to enter the room.

The inside of the loft room looks shabby compared to its outer appearance, consisting of two rooms, the one outside is a simple study room, inside is the bedroom. Gui Wan steps into the bedroom, there, a maid sits by the bed.

Hearing the sound, Ling Long turns her head, her voice carrying disappointment as she speaks: "He still hasn't woken up yet."

Glancing over towards the bed, the Nu man lies there with his eyes closed, his breathing is calm, sleeping with an overly peaceful expression, making one think that he is only having an afternoon nap, and will wake up once a while has past.

He has clearly been unconscious for three days, why has he not waken up yet? Thinking back to two days ago, the physician had vowed to her, today he shall be waking up. It is already nearing dusk, yet there is not even the slightest hint of waking up soon, seeing his sleeping face, looking as though he's at complete peace, Gui Wan carries a trace of sarcasm in her laughter, at a time like this, he can still sleep so soundly......

Three days ago, she had swallowed the "venom pill", in order to search for the antidote, she had put the power of the Prime Minister Estate to full use, and even sent out investigators everywhere, however, the information gathered during these three days, from all over the place, was actually very little. Looking at the unconscious and unwilling to wake up person, she wonders, could it be that he is still the last of her hope?

Gently sighing, she says to the maid who is still sat beside the bed: "Ling Long, you go back first." Within these three days, it is Ling Long who has been rushing back and forth from here and the Prime Minister Estate, constantly delivering messages, and taking care of the patient, she must be exhausted.

"Lord Prime Minister is very worried about you." Ling Long gently reminds.

She doesn't understand why they must save this Nu man with unknown origin. Her way of doings things has always been done with a sense of propriety, people often say that she lives up to her name, a smart and well behaved smooth worker, but in reality, the one who is truly smooth and slick, is the young lady she has served for many years, never once has she seen her slip from her sense of propriety, so what exactly has gone wrong here?

Understanding what she is worried about, Gui Wan lets out a little laugh, how could she have wanted to provoke such suspicion, but between life and death, she too cannot stand by and do nothing. This matter cannot be explained, if she tells Ling Long, then it will be stirring up a storm for no reason.