ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ɴɪɴᴇ

CHAPTER 29: Blizzard In The Capital

One hand lightly propping up her cheek, one hand holding a book, Gui Wan pa.s.ses time in a bored manner. The doors makes a "gazhi" sound, she raises her head, Ling Long pushes the door opens and enters, footsteps seeming a little hurried, walking up to the low table, half lowering her body, whispering into Gui Wan's ear.

"De Yu gong-gong?" Speaking with slight surprise, Gui Wan places the book aside, looking towards the doors, she deeply ponders. The Head Eunuch within the palace is requesting an audience outside the courtyard right now?

Nodding at Ling Long, seeing her leave the room in very hasty steps, Gui Wan braces herself, standing up, she gazes out of the window. These days, the inner courtyard of the Prime Minister Estate is as calm as ever, only the calm and joys of the servants in this courtyard is real, hers is actually half real, half fake, she understands that muddled thoughts are mixed within, only by being like this, is she able to spend day after day under the dark waves.

De Yu coming right now, what matter could it be for?

"Madam." This refined and polite voice is the same as always.

Thoughts drifting too far, Gui Wan turns around, a person is already standing by the doors, of tall and slender stature, in a long royal blue robe, thin autumn air hung on the body, looking just like a gentleman from generations of a scholarly family, how is anyone to tell he is actually the current fair-headed one within the palace?

Upon a closer look, he may be containing a smile as he stands there, but that face is slightly pale, worries hanging between his brows.

"Gong-gong......" Gui Wan firstly sits beside the low table, Ling Long is nimble minded, and had already brought a seat over from the side, allowing De Yu to sit down, before his body is steadied, a cup of green tea with clean air overflowing, entangled with a shallow fragrance, is already handed over next to De Yu's hand.

De Yu accepts the hot tea, but his lips does not touch it, with a turn of his arm, he places it back onto the low table, slightly lowering his head, appearing to want to speak but finds it difficult to open his mouth. After a long while, finally unable to resist this exceptional silence, parting his lips, hoa.r.s.eness carried under his voice: "Madam, do you by chance know of the Shu Clan?"

Again with the "Shu Clan"...... "What makes gong-gong interested in this prominent family from the south?" Not answering and questions back, probing at De Yu's underlying tone.

Shaking his head, taking the tea, he downs it all in one, after clearing his throat, De Yu finally speaks: "Perhaps Madam is not aware, the formidability of this Shu Clan," Speaking up to here, perhaps he does not know how to describe it properly, he pauses for a moment, attracting the doubtful looks in Gui Wan's eyes, organising his thoughts, he continues to speak: "His majesty has once left the palace for a day, it was precisely on the day of the herbaceous peony flower fair in the Prime Minister Estate, only returning to the palace at sunset, following him back, was also an additional person. His majesty summoned him to talk for an entire day, ever since then, this person has been secretly suggesting schemes for his majesty, should there be tasks that his majesty cannot do himself, it will be done by lending this person's hand. His presence elusive, even gaining his majesty's amnesty, I spent a great amount of time before I was able to discover, he is a descendant of the Shu Clan, heard he is called Shu Yu Hai."

Hearing this name, Gui Wan's heart is overcome with a chill, knitting her brows, "Shu Yu Hai?"

The descendants of the Shu Clan, one in the Prime Minister Estate, one in the imperial palace, conducts tasks stealthily, the deep meaning behind this unpredictable, look like it is their ambitious hearts thriving, coming here prepared. Lou Che should have picked out this point, the Emperor is no idiot either, just that the stakes at play here are unclearly intertwined, they both want to make use of the Shu Clan, occupying such high positions, there are many things to let go of because of this, to have the Shu Clan, those shady dealings that are not to be known to others, can be done with the lending of their hands.