ꦼ ʟɪɴ ʀᴜɪ ᴇɴ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ

LIN RUI EN SPECIAL: Wrong Fate

Countless trees covering the skies, temples gates highly opened.

Buddhist mantras flutters and flutters as it drifts into the ears, within it is also the noisy confusion of human voices, and pouring in is a particular kind of tune like still waters running deep.

"Rui En, don't always be putting on that expression, what a waste of your good looks." Light yellow belt delicately makes a spin, Lin Ran Yi's slightly annoyed face turns back and meets his eyes, "After another few days, you will be returning to Yu Xia Guan, coming here today is to pray for blessings, you with that face like an ice block, don't go scaring away the great Buddha."

Deeply humming a sound of reply, Lin Rui En could only pull up a faint touch of a smile, looking a little helpless. Lin Ran Yi felt somewhat satisfied, pressing her lips into a smile, then quickly pacing herself upfront, squeezing into the crowded main hall.

The incense fire at Hong Fu Temple has always been prosperous, and today, one can practically describe it as vigorous flames (referring to the amount of incense being offered here), Lin Rui En marches in, in a neither rushed nor slow manner, along the way, he passes by the Luo Han Hall, Dong Yue Temple, Guan Yin Temple, Ran Deng Temple[1], like looking at passing flowers on horseback as he looks around, seeing people everywhere, from officials and nobles, to merchants and commoners, in this world, there are actually this many people coming to worship the Buddha. sharp eyes following that light yellow figure as he heads all the way into the main Great Buddha Hall, where his steps comes to a stop. Raising his head, lifting his brows, the three prestige statues of the powerful and virtuous Shakyamuni Buddha jumps into his eyes, his heart and mind because of this is slightly stunned, ears still hearing the mystifying Buddhist mantras, Saha World whirling before him.

(Note: Saha World originating from the Sanskrit language - meaning World of Endurance. Refers to this world of ours, filled with suffering and afflictions, yet gladly endured by its inhabitants. Credits: http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Clubs/buddhism/glossary.html#S)

"The Great Buddha Hall (大雄宝殿), the greater being (大) accepts and contains all; the influential being (雄) seizes and vanquishes demons." Seeing Lin Rui En fall into a daze, Lin Ran Yi laughingly explains.

Seizes and vanquishes demons?

The sudden thought of bloody scenes on the battlefield flashes past his mind, the corner of Lin Rui En's lips spreads into a rarely seen smile, sitting high up like this, can capture and vanquish demons? Great Buddha, exactly is it you who is naïve, or is it the people of the world who are naïve?

Catching Lin Rui En's smile, Ran Yi jumps in front of him, a smile that can practically be called a crafty thief smile blossoming on her face: "You heard too right?"

"Heard what?" Lin Rui En doubtfully asks.

"The two greatest beauty of the Capital has come to offer incense ah," Displaying a face of understanding, Ran Yi clearly appears rather excited, "Having long heard of the Capital's 'spring firefly, night moon', really want to broaden my insight."

(Note: Spring firefly, night moon or chūn yíng wǎn yuè / 春萤晚月: firefly - the Yíng / 萤 of Yao Ying; night - the Wǎn / 晚 of Gui Wan)

Should anyone else have said this, he would have already turned around and left, but facing this dear [older] sister of his, aside from being helpless, he could only be even more helpless. Seeing his lack of interest, Ran Yi purses her lips: "You are past the age of twenty already, should also be at the age to take in a wife, the young noble ladies of the Capital are a few, nor do I know which one would catch your eyes, should you continue to drag on like this, what is to happen to the Lin Clan's future generations of continuing to pass on incense? May as well take a look at the two great beauties today, such one in a million candidates, should you still not be attracted, I'm afraid you can only live this life as a monk." Dragging Lin Rui En along as she heads inside.