ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

CHAPTER 16: Ran Yi

Hearing her answer, the girl in yellow smiles in appreciation, quickly grabbing Gui Wan's hand, searching for directions amongst the chaotic crowd, whilst saying to Gui Wan: "Going to Yu Xia Guan (Yu Xia Checkpoint) from here, only requires a day's journey on horse. Let us steal a horse whilst it's still chaotic." Once she had said this, she had already extended her hand, with a clean cut of a knife in form of her hand, she hacks down a nearby bandit who was fleeing in panic.

Seeing her extremely smooth movement, Gui Wan is stunned, immediately following her as they constantly run forward, her ears filled with loud noises, the figures before her eyes in disorder, in a chaotic situation impossible to resolve, Gui Wan can only choose to trust this girl in yellow in front of her.

The Nu army has already arrived at the rear end of the carriages, battling it out with the bandits, and the Nu army's main force spreads out towards them, going all around the chaotic crowd, seeming to be searching for something.

The girl in yellow also senses something is not right, turning her head, she carries a trace of slyness in her smile, asking: "What are the Nu army searching for? Are they looking for you?"

Returning a smile, excessively sweet, Gui Wan cannot help but to smile, smoothly asking: "What about you? Why are you escaping?" If her escape is considered justifiable, then the actions of this girl in yellow, has also already revealed the extreme suspiciousness of her ident.i.ty.

Didn't think that Gui Wan under silent admittance, would actually question her back, the girl in yellow turns around with a kick, knocking down a bandit in front, one hand grabbing onto the horse reins, turning to look at the absolutely breathless Gui Wan, calmly saying: "In times of emergency, let us throw aside ident.i.ty related questions. If we don't leave now, it may be too late."

Gui Wan hurries forward, the girl in yellow launches herself onto the horse, and then pulls Gui Wan up onto the horseback, both her legs clipped onto the horse's stomach, the horse raises its hooves and runs forward, charging out. The horse speed is not actually very fast, galloping amongst the chaotic crowd, but also taking into account the safety of the people below.

Right when Gui Wan's heart relaxes, a particularly loud and very inflamed voice enters her ears: "Suo Ge Ta......" This voice pierces through half of the wilderness, overpowering the many figures, and shoots right into Gui Wan's ears.

Turning her head amidst the b.u.mpy ride, Gui Wan looks back in direction of the Nu army behind, leading the Nu army at the rear of the carriage fleet, is Ye Li. His face holds anxiety and anger, and also a type of complicated expression that makes people sense his pain upon looking at him. Ye Li raises the horse whip high and strikes down, breaking up the crowd before the horse, doing all he can to rush forward.

Gui Wan starts to slightly panic, didn't think that with this smeared black face, she still cannot escape his eyes, under her watch, he is already shortening the distance between them, Gui Wan pulls on the yellow clothing, loudly saying: "Almost catching up behind."

The girl in yellow does not look back, answering against the wind, her voice still remains as steady as ever: "I will not let him catch up."

Hearing her seemingly very confident words, Gui Wan's heart is put at ease, tightly clutching onto the girl in yellow's waist, she turns her head to look back at the chaotic scene halfway across the wilderness, she can still sense Ye Li's strongly fired up emotions that seems to be able to burn down all in his presence, that kind of struggling, sinking and unwilling complications, even in this situation of clashing weapons, thundering cries, it still sinks in too deep to be overshadowed.