ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

CHAPTER 14: Scenery Of The Nu Capital

All of a sudden, the horse carriage increases in speed, Gui Wan turns her head, purposely ignoring the tenderness in Ye Li's eyes as she sets her eyes on the remote setting outside the carriage. The singing that filled the carriage has already come to a stop, but outside the carriage, the carefree singing can still be faintly heard, continuously drilling into Gui Wan's ear, bringing a distinctive tune to this desolated scenery, causing her to blur into the wilderness here, confused as to where she is.

The carriage maintained its peace, but it is not at all boring. Perhaps it is the singing from before, perhaps it is the returning to his homeland, this type of silent atmosphere is instead spiced with the slightest sense of happiness, making Ye Li incessantly savour it and not break it. He too, appears to be staring at the scenery outside the carriage, whilst his sight lingers on the person besides the carriage curtains from the corner of his eyes.

Just when she almost thought such peace would last forever, waves of voices had already penetrated its way through into the carriage. Gui Wan overlooks everything from the little carriage window, upon seeing the city, she could not help but to be filled with heartfelt praises, so this is the Nu Capital! After staring for a long time, did she finally realise the mystery of this city. The horse carriage hurriedly rushes forward in arrival, only seeing a scene of the Gobi Desert in front, from the outside view, it is but a yellow coloured Gobi barrel, upon closer approach, does one find that it is actually bubbling with the liveliness of people, and only then does one realise it is a natural formed city. Only by looking from beyond the city gates, is one able to see the remarkably vibrant atmosphere inside, a heavily populated city.

"This is my homeland, the Nu Capital, what do you think, how does it compare to the Capital City?" Ye Li suddenly speaks up, questioning her.

Her face that had been fixed up by Mo Na's hands could only reveal a slight expression, Gui Wan indifferently says with a smile: "A natural fortress, is indeed different from the usual," After a little pause, does she slowly give her answer, "But compared to the long established air of royalty the Capital City holds, four words, level falls far short."

Heartily laughing aloud upon hearing this, Ye Li is not at all angered, "You're right, it is indeed so, the Capital City's air of royalty, I too, have long yearned for." Within his accented Han language, the four words "have long yearned for" is spoken with an aggravated tone, causing Gui Wan to lightly frown upon hearing this.

Just when Ye Li's words of deeper meaning were spoken, the horse carriage suddenly stops, outside the carriage, someone loudly calls out: "Your highness, Eldest Prince has long been waiting up ahead."

"I have made Brother wait too long." Ye Li lowly laughs as he answers, in the moment he throws his body forward, he lifts the curtains and leaves the carriage. It is in this moment when the curtain was lifted, that Gui Wan attentively looks into the outside environment, ten steps away, a team of small troop awaits, a man stands in the middle, his clothing distinctively differs from the rest, he must be the Nu Tribe's Eldest Prince, sweeping her eyes across, Gui Wan is extremely disappointed, this person is tall with a strong built, but has a look of insolence, such appearance is clearly the epitome of a barbarous man, compared to Ye Li's dignified demeanour, again, using those same four words, level falls far short, she cannot believe these two people are actually brothers.

Ye Li steps off the carriage, he turns and looks into Gui Wan's eyes, extending his hand in offer of support as she gets off the carriage. Gui Wan obliquely shrinks back, holding onto the carriage's armrest, her foot stepping on the ground, upon landing, her body felt light, unable to summon any strength, her body shakes, and actually could not stand properly, elbow sensing warmth, Ye Li is already holding onto her, sighing as he says: "Don't force yourself, your body has not yet recovered."