ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ

CHAPTER 24: Imprisoned Moon

Strolling around the palace, she often gets this feeling, as though all things that can be described with the word “magnificence” has all gathered here. Of grace, great elegance, air of royalty, every little gra.s.s and tree overflows with remarkability. Fiddling with the flowers whilst walking and stopping around, Gui Wan strolls through the imperial garden, three days in the palace, yet she feels as though she spent three years here, calm on the surface, but actually long sunken into loneliness inside.

These three days, there was not the slightest news of Lou Che, and within the palace, a blockade seems to have been conducted regarding such news, no one knows that the once doted Lady Consort Ying has already disappeared. What’s more laughable is, word from the imperial court has spread, rumours of Prime Minister Lou returning to his hometown for some time. Her steps coming to a stop, Gui Wan looks into the distance, her eyes regrettably catching onto the red walls, completely cut off from the outside world, her eyes turns towards another spot, abruptly finding, the red walls are everywhere, running endlessly with no gaps.

“Madam, is your body not well?” De Yu follows by her side, seeing Gui Wan stand there motionless, he worriedly asks.

“No,” Once again raising her foot, Gui Wan walks onto the tree lined path, asking without turning her head, “Is there still no news?”

“No. May Madam relax a little, no news right now is also good news, Prime Minister Lou has a solid foundation, almost half of the imperial court shares closely related power relations with Prime Minister Lou, not to mention Prime Minister Lou is also on friendly terms with each military governors, even if his majesty holds most power within the Capital, he cannot do anything with Prime Minister Lou.” His gentle voice persuading her, each sentence making fair points.

“Prime Minister Lou is on friendly terms with military governors?” Gui Wan was surprised, this is the first time she heard of this, entering deep thoughts, she says in a refreshingly direct manner: “De Yu gong-gong, may I trouble you with a matter, no need to search within the Capital, care to pa.s.s on a message to San Niang, full efforts on investigating for any news in Nan Jun and Luo Ling.”

Nan Jun and Luo Ling? De Yu freezes, these are the two biggest states in the southern area, there were once rumours of Prince Duan fleeing to that area, but the Emperor fears the powers of the military governors, and dares not to make a move, does this have any relations with Prime Minister Lou? Carefully thinking about it, he seems to have thought of something, raising his head, he finds that Gui Wan had wandered far off, hurriedly following after her, he lowers his head saying: “Madam, then I shall go carry out the tasks now, but Madam……”

“I’ll be continuing to stroll around for a while, you go ahead first.”

De Yu bows, slowly withdrawing away, in the eyes of outsiders, there is nothing strange about this sight, no one is aware that the deputy head eunuch who is currently on the rise in power within this palace actually stands on Madam Lou’s side of the political stance.

With no one following along by her side, her surroundings immediately felt more deserted, Gui Wan wanders aimlessly, not wanting to returning to the Empress’ Palace. The Empress’ aid this time more or less carries the flavour of a debt of grat.i.tude, if matters between two sisters are to be calculated through debt of grat.i.tude, then that would be rather dull and pointless. Lightly sounding a sigh, she turns her head to actually find herself arriving at “Cheng Kun Palace”, a faint smile floating to the surface of her face, Gui Wan steps inside.

Walking into the inner chamber, she sees the little prince being surrounded by a few palace maids and eunuchs, once that child sees Gui Wan, a joyful smile spreads, spreading out his little arms, calling out: “Aunt Wan, Aunt Wan.” The palace maids and eunuchs sees the situation and all withdraws aside.