ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

CHAPTER 20: Such Pity

So the crystal piece given by Zheng Liu in the secret pa.s.sage has such use, Gui Wan holds up the crystal piece in front of her eyes, once again looking outside, the view of Jing Ye back courtyard actually becomes perfectly clear, as if it is right before her, secretly astounded by this, her eyes circles around the courtyard, suddenly stopping at a certain spot in it. Her calm and pleased smile somewhat fading, lowering the crystal piece, she turns her head and says: "Your majesty want to bet on this?"

"Could it be that this is insufficient for a bet?" Fine slender hands, maintained like that of a woman's, rests on the banister, Zheng Liu lifts the corners of his lips, revealing three points of playful pondering, "Or is Madam afraid?"

Gui Wan's carefree and easy-going bearing weakens, eyes gazing back to the courtyard, her heart is hesitant at this moment, clearly aware that Zheng Liu wants to strike her down from the inside (psychologically), she originally should be tackling this with a very indifferent, calm, cool and bright outlook, so why is it that when she sees Lou Che with Consort Ying, she senses fearful heartbeats, finding it difficult to answer back.

Giving rise to an unconstrained smile, "So you really are afraid? Such clear luminosity like the moon, so it too have times of gloom that are difficult to avoid?"

Her eyes meets with his cold sharp ones, "Gui Wan is just a mere mortal being, how could I possibly compare to your majesty's ethereal bearings."

A laugh like the spring breeze, once again an appearance of overflowing gentle warmth, "Rest a.s.sured Madam, I am also one who is loving towards fragrant jade[1]......should Madam not want to play this bet, I will definitely not force you."

"Your majesty's aesthetic mood today is at its fullest, Gui Wan would never dare to sweep away your majesty's high spirits, moreover this bet was suggested by your majesty, even if Gui Wan has courage as big as the skies, I would still not be able to oppose the prestige of heaven."

Even if she manages to avoid it at this moment, could she possibly avoid it her entire life? Not to mention, if this diabolical cunning Emperor is unable able to make this bet right now, he will definitely thinking of other insidious ways, rather than facing Zheng Liu's unpredictability, it is better to observe the definite happenings within this Jing Ye.

Under the watch of Zheng Liu's deeply inspecting eyes, Gui Wan once again raises the crystal piece, turning her head, she gathers the view of that courtyard, such that is as familiar to her as her own home, under the little piece of crystal.

......

Magnificent light overflowing, pouring in beautiful colours, within this thin and clear crystal, it actually appears to reveal another world, long drawn out feelings mixed into the tranquillity, that ethereal elegance of tender beauty, that handsome refinement of warm radiance, there is also those ties that cannot be cut off, all that is being reflected within this crystal, and subsequently transferred into Gui Wan's gazing eyes like water.

Finger loosens, followed by the falling of that magnificent light, not even raising half a noise of clear sound, and it has already shattered into little pieces, just like millions of stars spilling across the floor, the brilliance had not yet shown any progress, and has already faded to nothing......

Zheng Liu harbours a smile as he watches this scene, sharp coldness condenses within his eyes, yet his voice sounds a lot gentler, deliberately ridiculing: "Looks like between my Consort Ying and Minister Lou, feelings are indeed difficult to control......"

After a long while, no reply could be heard, turning his head, more sinister statements wanting to escape from those thin lips, yet that very moment his eyes looks to the side, all further comments were choked back. That innocent expression, face still carrying a smile like that of light clouds, head slightly turned sideways, seeming to be thinking about something, with no sorrowful demeanour, yet such appearance makes him sense a great amount of sorrow flooding out from within her, utterly arousing people's pitying hearts.