ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-sᴇᴠᴇɴ

CHAPTER 27: Drifting Fragrance Secretly Takes Action

Gui Wan steps into the Prime Minister Estate courtyard, body seeming to still carry the scent of incense from the mourning hall, faintly clinging to her body, distracting her heart into regularly rising and falling, constantly flashing fragments of the encounters within the Lin Estate. Raising her bowed head, she finds a little plainly dressed servant standing in front of the study, a green glazed bowl of lotus design on the tray she holds, face showing hesitance, anxiously at unease.

“Madam, Lord Prime Minister he……” The maid upon seeing Gui Wan approaching, releases a sigh of relief, Prime Minister Lou does not like others disturbing him, she has softly called out a few times from the doors, but not a single reply has come from inside, she dares not to rashly enter, nor does she dare to casually leave, currently stuck in this situation difficult to advance or retreat.

“I got it.” Seeing the cause, Gui Wan gently waves her hand, signalling the maid to withdraw, taking the tray from her hands, one hand pushing open the unlatched doors of the study, a smile slowly rippling out, lips just about to call out, when she notices the entire room shrouded in quiet.

Lou Che lays above some doc.u.ments, seeming to have sunken deep into sweet dreams, the windows half opened, a sky of cloudless blue, the book scrolls on the desk half messed up, a slight breeze occasionally brushing past, sheets of paper lightly flutters, but the person on the desk does not sense this at all.

Gui Wan lightens her footsteps, slowly walking in front of the desk, Lou Che is indeed sleeping, unrestrained handsomeness of elegant n.o.bility, within the jade-like appearance there exhibits clearness, she gently places down the tray in hand, picking up a white jade paperweight, pressing down the sheets of paper, flicking away the dusts on the bamboo scrolls. Looking elsewhere, from the side of her eyes, she catches glimpse of him still frowning whilst in his dreams, quietly without hesitation, her hands brushes his face, fingers gently stroking past the middle of his brows, helping him to smooth out this hint of worry revealed on the outside.

Just how tired he is……

Within three days of returning to the estate, after one day of pulling an all-nighter with Lou Sheng, he spends two days discussing matters with Prince of Nan Jun, Prince Duan, usually only seeing him containing a smile of spring breeze, who knew that under the spring breeze, it is this wounding like being shredded. She often laments, Lou Che is the same type of person as herself, flawless on the outside, smooth and slick in dealing with all sorts of situations. Only now does she know, to her, this could perhaps also be of natural character; but to him, it is the ability to survive.

Fingers delicately brushing over his brows, straightening out the unorganised black strands on the sides, catching a glimpse of the dark circles under his eyes caused by fatigue, Gui Wan’s heart lightly clenches, nose actually feeling slightly sour. Turning her head to the side, she finds a set of fur clothing on the back of the chair, laying it over Lou Che’s shoulders, she carefully covers every little gap where air can leak in, about to withdraw her hand, with just a single move, the person in deep sleep has his hand suddenly jumping out from under the clothing, grabbing onto her, lashes fluttering half open, those quietly dark eyes gazing at her with a smile, deep affection flowing out from within.

“Gui Wan……” This sound of calling is not like usual, is a gentle breeze blowing ripples across a pond of spring water, carrying three points of intoxicated tone as it blows into the heart, the voice with slight ambiguity seeming to reveal a trace of satisfaction, laced around.

Looking at him absentmindedly, Gui Wan felt as though something was stuck in her throat, unable to sound half a word in reply, half mystified half intoxicated, her tender heart endlessly spinning, chaotically causing her thoughts to suddenly stop working, completely blank.