ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

CHAPTER 11: Leaving The Capital

Over the splendid view of the city, the singing of orioles converges into a mess; down in the city, waves of spring sea smoke washes ash.o.r.e.[1]

Qu Zhou is a city, lower west from the Capital, that must be pa.s.sed through, with distinctive landscape, capturing everyone’s attention, it is located at the transport routes of trading businesses, which also makes it one of the Celestial Empire’s bustling trading cities. The scenery of Qu Zhou is much mellower than that of the Capital, indeed described as “sound of orioles everywhere, mist and clouds bright and clear”.

During the evening hours, on the ancient road outside Qu Zhou, a group of horse carriages slowly pa.s.ses by, on this ancient road with little signs of human population, the occasional pedestrians that walks by, cannot help but to speculate the ident.i.ty of the carriage team. In the central group, there is actually an eight horse-drawn carriage, exuding an extraordinarily imposing air, guards surrounding the carriage in centre, neatly arranged in formation as they vigilantly advance forward……

Just when the carriage team were moving in a pace neither fast nor slow, a horse from the rear end of the road, comes galloping up, the carriage group did not stop to wait for the horse to approach, after a little while, the galloping horse had already charged in front of them, the person on the horse is dressed in purple robes with a black hat, clearly someone from the back palace, the horse’s hooves lightly rises, stopping at the rear of the carriage team, and the one on the horse immediately asks loudly: “Where is Prime Minister Lou?”

The eight horse-drawn carriage is extremely s.p.a.cious, with the additional steady speed, the inside of the carriage is no different to a small room, Ru Qing sits at left wall of the carriage, she picks up the plate of fruits from the small table, and turns around, looking towards Gui Wan who is staring at the scenery outside, she says: “Madam, have some fruits, once it gets to evening, we shall be arriving in Qu Zhou.”

Ru Ming who is sitting next to Gui Wan, takes the plate, picking up a grape and hands it to Gui Wan.

Taking it, she had only just placed the fruit in her mouth, when the horse carriage comes to a sudden hal, Gui Wan places down the bamboo pick in hand, her eyes focusing outside, looking calm, appearing as though she is thinking about something.

Ru Qing, Ru Ming exchanges eye contact, revealing a look of helplessness, the current situation has already been happened four times, to suddenly halt the carriage right now, there is no need to ask to know that someone from the palace has come in request of Lord Prime Minister to return, ever since they have left the Capital City a day ago, people from the palace has continuously been coming forth on this road, even if one was not originally bothered by this, they too will grow fed up.

There is not a single trace of movement for a while, the carriage is still standing in its spot. Ru Qing, Ru Ming grows doubtful, the halting of the horse carriage this time, is unexpectedly long, just when the two people were pushing the task of investigating the situation to one another, a horse slowly struts up to the carriage, Gui Wan raises her sight towards the person, faintly smiling, “Brother.”

Yu Yan He’s face does not look at ease, he steadily looks at Gui Wan, saying: “Gui Wan, a matter has arose in the palace……” The following words remains in his mouth, unspoken.

Hearing those words, without responding at all, Gui Wan just leisurely supports her chin with one hand, appearing not very concerned, as she quietly waits for him to speak on, seeing this, Yu Yan He lightly sighs, quietly saying: “Consort Ying is pregnant, I heard she suddenly got a stomach-ache this morning, the situation seems to be very severe, right now they are desperately calling Brother-in-law back to the palace.”