ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

CHAPTER 17: Deluded Feelings

In heaven's recording of the second year summer, an urgent letter was sent to the Nu Capital from Yu Xia Guan, the Celestial Empire's Grand Secretary, Prime Minister Lou's handwritten letter was delivered to the Nu King, after Nu King spent some time reading through it, he sent for his second son Ye Li to be immediately summoned back to the Nu Capital, unfortunately Prince Ye Li was acting on his own will at the time, refusing to withdraw the troops, Nu King was furious, personally paying a visit to the Nu military camp outside Yu Xia Guan, kicking up a huge ruckus with Prince Ye Li, at the time, those who witnessed the scene outside the tent personally narrated, the historian truthfully reads the recording as follows:

Nu King extremely furious, swinging his palm right onto the prince's face, roaring out: "In this world, is there no other beauty to this Ye? For one woman, you recklessly resort to war, where has our great Nu's hundred generations of heritage gone to?"

Prince Ye Li was stunned, bitterly smiling as he answers: "The beauties of this world, what has it got to do with me? I need only think of the Lunar G.o.ddess' one ear, as if I got it, all the beauties of the world reduces to naught."

Nu King was speechless, after a moment of silence, he seriously speaks: "If not the strongest, how are you to obtain the Lunar G.o.ddess, if not the most honourable, how are you to protect the Lunar G.o.ddess? If you want to obtain the Lunar G.o.ddess, you must certainly first obtain the world."

Hearing this, Ye Li silently falls into a daze, half a day later, the troops retreated back to the Nu Capital.

Outside Yu Xia Guan, after the Nu troops have all retreated, there was once someone who pa.s.sed on the words from outside the camp to Prime Minister Lou, jokingly asking: "The beauties of the world are many, why hold onto one person?"

Lou Che faintly smiles, answering as follows: "The beauties of the world are many like gra.s.s, only my wife Gui Wan, is the only one person in the world."

Only Gui Wan, is the only one person in the world.

Descendants later engraved this phrase onto a tablet, and in the autumn season of the same year, the Nu Tribe's Lunar G.o.ddess Temple, carved out a stone statue of the Lunar G.o.ddess, the Lunar G.o.ddess' appearance was actually different to as described in the legend told throughout generations of the Nu Tribe, with delicately beautiful facial features, similar to that of Celestial Empire women. As for Prince Ye Li, he is whole-heartedly concentrating on the state affairs and military situations, his heart void of any distractions.

This matter has been recorded as "Yu Xia Summer Turnover", planting the fuse for the later "Battle of the Jade Governor".

Lush green trees thickens the shade in this long summer day, image of the tower reflected in the pond. Crystal beaded curtains swaying in the gentle breeze, a full frame of roses, fragrant overflowing the entire courtyard.[1]

Roses blooming in splendour, lush green trees casting shadows in the surrounding, outside Yu Xia Guan, the summer heat is scorching hot, a grand, strong team is ready to set off in return to the Capital.

Lou Che has already left the Capital for more than a month, the palace has urgently called for him several times, but all were ignored, as he accompanies Gui Wan in touring around places of great scenery and historical sites in Yu Xia Guan, up to this very moment, he has already reached a point where he can no longer delay his return to the Capital. As for Lin Rui En, because they have been hearing nothing from his older sister who went spying into the Nu Tribe, he had made his way here to Yu Xia Guan, right now, the Nu troops have already retreated, so having pa.s.sed on matters regarding the city checkpoint over to Lin Ran Yi, he too is preparing to join them in returning to the Capital. Considering the matter of Gui Wan getting abducted, this time, the team is heavily guarded, large in scale and greatly vigorous.