ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

CHAPTER 12: Why Not Get Drunk?

Peach blossom planted and exposed in heaven, is not [like] the typical flowers found on earth.[1]

Summer is soon here, the chilly air has already left, and the morning sun warmly shines upon the people. Fiery Xi Shi has been awakened from her dreams, mumbling her curses: “They don’t even think to let people have a nice sleep, coming earlier day by day.”

Walking to the front, Xiao Ya Zi hears this and looks back, grinning as he says: “Ever since the gentlemen upstairs started staying here, our place has been getting busier day by day.”

Instantly sending him a sharp glare, Fiery Xi Shi scolds: “Who told you to speak?” Inside, she was overcome with confusion, the night five days ago, after that exceptionally beautiful “young man” came in, the rest inn has indeed been getting busier and busier by the day, that esteemed guest whose name is unknown, spent the first two days with refined scholars of Qu Zhou, drinking tea and discussing literary, then after the two days, stopped doing so, the people who were interested also came in swarms, towards such a trend, Fiery Xi Shi does not like it and is indeed shocked, a sense of unease quietly enveloping her heart.

She has read countless people, yet she just cannot guess the ident.i.ty of this esteemed guest at all, but from looking at the person’s behaviour these past two days, she senses that the matter is not actually as simple as drinking tea and discussing literary, as for what exactly the key to this is, at the moment, she cannot really explain it herself.

“Madam, they’re here.” Xiao Ya Zi’s flippantly cheeky voice shocks her awake, looking over the lobby, even her head was starting to hurt, could it be that all the scholars in the world has gathered in this rest in?

Discreetly sounding a cry, she pulls on an over exaggerated smile, greeting the ma.s.ses of black headed people below: “Gentlemen, why has everyone gotten up so early today?”

The majority of the scholars within the lobby, raises their heads, upon seeing someone slowly make their way down from upstairs, a tall and thin person of scholarly appearance, rises and returns the gesture, “Madam, has the gentleman woke up yet?”

Within the big lobby, not one person knows what the unfamiliar guest is called, amongst them, there were also those that have not even seen “his” face before, although they know that the person can very possibly be a lady, they still follow the attendants addressing of “gentleman”, hence the word “gentleman” becoming “his” exclusive addressment.

A professional smile hung on her face as Fiery Xi Shi answers: “The gentleman’s hour of rising, you should all know already, no matter how much earlier you wait, it is no use, it is better if you all come back in an hours count.” She lightly waves her hand, advising them to return home, unfortunately, the people in the lobby showed not a single response, not one person had any thoughts of leaving.

Lightly sighing, Fiery Xi Shi turns back and shouts towards Xiao Ya Zi: “Quickly go prepare breakfast for everyone, or else in a while, they wouldn’t have the strength to hold a ‘literary meeting’.” Thinking that it is no use speaking to these blockheads anymore, even her hospitableness to serve the customers has completely disappeared without a trace, Fiery Xi Shi turns around and heads upstairs.

Walking down the hallway, she reaches the semi-layer that the esteemed guest is staying in, halting her steps, she quietly thinks to herself for a moment, and then leisurely walks over, as she has expected, she sees the maids Ru Qing, Ru Ming heading towards the floral hall with an incense burner, presumably in preparation for receiving the guests in a while, she takes three steps forwards, calling out to Ru Qing: “Maid Qing, has your master gotten up?” (Note: The floral hall is the Chinese equivalent of drawing room – a room aside from the main living room where guests can be received and entertained)