Exploring x Back x Home

Thank you all for 7k reads on this story! (now 10k by the time this is published) I greatly appreciate every single one of you that has taken the time to read this silly fan-fic. Let's get the chapter started :)

YOOOO WAIT WAIT WAIT, hi. Future me who's about to post this chapter here. I haven't had much inspo to write lately, but I'm hopeful that'll change once I start up school again. I hope everyone here is well and healthy! I love you all, and I'll see you in the next one.
- - -

She returned to the Testing Gates not long after the meeting with one of the most profound assassins of the modern-day. Zebro, this time, was not startled by her sudden appearance through the portal.

The sudden warmth of the coming summer blew around her rather cold body. Being in that room with Killua's dad felt like I was in a freaking ice-box. Zebro welcomed her return with a cup of steaming tea and a cup of water.

"You're gaining confidence in your strength," He sipped on his drink.

Y/N plopped herself onto the chair. Her shoulders and feet were sore and she could feel a headache beginning to settle. She grasped the cup with water and drank out of it as her life depended on it.

"It sure as hell doesn't feel like it," The girl took another swig.

Zebro chuckled to himself and watched on with amusement. The first tour bus of the day would be arriving shortly. There was a cool, constant breeze that swept through the warm security box. Birds chirped, leaves moved with the wind.

"I didn't tell him about the Phantom Troupe," Y/N scoffed, "As much as I would have wanted to, it wasn't the right time or place." She sighed, "I'm hoping I don't have to come back here for a while. He freaks me out."

He observed the girl, brushing off the secrets she was continuing to hide. The man felt the ground beneath him rumble lightly. Y/N sat up, the ground vibrated against her feet. She chuckled to herself.

"I, uh... Better get going. It would seem odd to anyone who may arrive to see someone who clearly isn't employed by the Zoldyck's, here."

Y/N stood up from her chair. Zebro smiled and stood up, walked to the entrance of the door, and held it open for the young woman. The vibrations grew stronger each second that passed. She turned to her mentor.

"Thank you, again, for everything. Killua is doing fine, by the way. He's with Gon on Whale Island," She smiled softly, "I'm going to be at the Hunter's Association building in Swardani until September. It was great seeing you again."

Zebro and Y/N embraced for a few seconds. "And thank you for stopping by, even if it was in the heat of the moment."

The girl pictured a room with a welcoming fireplace and small couch. Before their eyes, a purple doorway appeared. "You have a rare gift, Y/N. Be careful who you expose this too," He warned her with a grimace on his face.

She had one foot through the doorway, "I know." Y/N smiled.

The comforting atmosphere of the home she grew her powers in, engulfed her presence. Running away was something she was good at, after all. Y/N closed the door behind her. Her mentor from only days prior sat in front of the fireplace.

The couch was directly in front of her and something she did not take into account when walking in. In a matter of seconds, the girl ran into the couch, flew forward, and tumbled right onto the man sat on the ground and directly in front of the fireplace.

Y/N rose her hands in front of the flames and created a shield to protect herself and the man from being burnt by the heat. He pushed her back, turned around, and grabbed at her throat. The man pinned her against the rug and began to squeeze.