I Live x Kinda x Far

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1K READS! My heart goes out to everyone who has read this far or who is rereading this. I acknowledge and appreciate everything that you do. Without your support, I doubt I would continue publishing.

Also, I should have special holiday chapters out for Thanksgiving (I'm hoping to have a certain chapter out by Thanksgiving that should line up with the timeline, not too sure yet) and I for sure have a special Christmas chapter that will be split into 2-3 parts (still haven't decided on everything yet lmao)

Enjoy the chapter :)

-     -     -

The group walked along the streets of Padokea. Cars and buses drove up and down the streets. Many people walked along the sidewalks with groceries and shopping bags in their grasp. Gon, Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, and Y/N continued their long walk to find a small restaurant to talk to.

Killua kept his hands in his pockets. He looked on absentmindedly at the various shops and restaurants. Y/N, Kurapika, and Leorio had bought a map of the small town that resided not too far from Kukuroo Mountain. Killua's acting like a tween. This sucks.

Gon wandered his eyes at some of the sweet-smelling shops. It was still wintertime, only the last week in January. The assassin kept his eye on his friend. Knowing Gon, he's going to get lost. "I think it's around this corner." The young assassin called back to the rest of the group.

"Okay, thanks." Y/N deconstructed the map and handed it to Kurapika. 

They rounded the corner and saw a small cafe in the midst of large grocery stores and shops. It was normal. The cafe was old but held a modern touch to the building. Y/N and Gon gasped with excitement. 

"It's so pretty! You have great taste, Killua!" Gon commented.

"I know." Killua grinned smugly. 

The group soon entered the small cafe. There was a little booth that held a sign saying, 'Please wait to be seated.' Leorio scoffed at the sign. Wait a minute, Y/N realized, is Leorio a Karen? The girl stepped forward and gently rang the little bell next to a book with names scribbled onto it. 

Killua and Kurapika waited patiently. Gon attempted to focus patiently like his friends. Instead, he twiddled with his thumbs. Y/N kept her eye on Leorio in case he would go off on the hostess for not seating everyone down immediately. 

Footsteps quickly approached the front. A young woman wearing a white blouse, black slacks, and dark curly hair came around the corner. She smiled warmly at the group. Leorio's sour attitude changed once he saw her.

"Hello! My name's Sage. Will it just be the five of you today?" 

"Yes! Thank you so much." Y/N followed the fast walking woman to a corner table.

One side had seats mounted to the wall while the other side had chairs that could move. Leorio, Gon, and Killua sat on one side of the table. Y/N and Kurapika sat on the other side. Sage, the hostess, left a few menus for the group to look over. 

"After we order, we should get down to business." Leorio did a quick lookover of the menu. 

"Yeah." Y/N agreed.

After a few minutes of debating, the group ordered a hefty breakfast. It had been almost 24 hours since they last had any sort of food. Sage soon left the group alone. Y/N picked up her bag from the ground and pulled out the journal that she wrote during the Hunter Exam two weeks ago.