Push X It X Hoes

TW// Mentions of depression and blood (I'm pretty sure I've made this story rated M)

Also, thank you for the support and love you've shown this story ❤️. I published the first chapter on September 1st, and it's just taken off from there.

I appreciate each and every one of you who has read this story, who has shared, voted, commented, or added it to your library.

One final note about the chapter! I'm trying to get the ball rolling to when they get to Killua, so I apologize if the timeline doesn't make sense.

-     -     -

Cold wind wisped around the bottom of Kukuroo Mountain. The crickets chirped their melody. Dirt stirred whilst Killua's young friends attempted to open the first Testing Gate. Y/N merely watched from the sidelines.

"If a girl as weak as Y/N can open the door, then the two of you should be able to get it open easily." Geeze, I don't remember the guard being so rude in the anime.

She stood off to the side, not of her own free will. Y/N glared at the surprisingly buff old man. I get his point, but that doesn't mean I'll like it.

"Since Y/N was able to open the gate, does that mean we can all go through it now?" Leorio huffed.

"Yes, but no," The guard thought slowly, "You can pass through once you have all tried your hardest to open this gate. Until then, since Y/N was able to open it, it's up to the three of you to push it open."

"I should mention that each of Gate One's doors weighs two tons."

"Two tons? You're not supposed to be able to open that!" Leorio waved him off. "Wait what did you say? Gate One?"

"Yes, have a look. There are seven gates. When you go through a gate, the weight doubles. The number of gates that open depends on the amount of strength you use. Incidentally, when young Killua returned, he opened Gate One all the way through to Gate Three."

"Gate Three? That's 12 tons!"

Y/N hesitated, "It's actually 16 tons, Gon." She smiled nervously.

Kurapika agreed with her quick maths. The young boy laughed nervously, "I'm really not that good with math."

"Do you understand now? This is what's required just to get in through the doors. They live in a completely different world."

"I don't like that. Sir, lend me the key. I came here to see my friend, not to be tested." Gon turned to the guard, "You may consider me an intruder. So, let me borrow the key. I'll use the intruder's door." He held his hand out.

"Gon!" "Hey!"

"It doesn't matter if you won't loan me the key. I'll just climb the wall if that's what it takes." He held that determined look in his eyes.

"Don't be stupid, Gon! Didn't you see that monster? Its arm was bigger than your entire body!" Leorio was becoming angry.

Y/N stood behind Gon, and between Kurapika and Leorio. She remained unusually quiet. But the reason they have this testing gate here is that only the "worthy" can cross it, according to the Zoldyck family. She sighed quietly. We were all thinking it earlier, Killua's family lives in a very different world.

"I won't accept this! Why would you test your friends? I'll never enter through that door."

"You are absolutely right. However, forcing your way through is impossible. Mike will kill you."