Back x To the x Beginning

Time sure does pass quickly... It's been more than a few weeks since this story had a new chapter.

Next chapter is going to be an author's note :)

Enjoy the chapter, and I'll see you all in the next one! <3

-     -     -

         Kukuroo Mountain was a beautiful place. It held an abundance of trees and shrubbery that overtook the land surrounding the massive gray walls. It was already dark, the moon peaked out from behind some clouds in the sky.

Y/N nestled into the slightly uncomfortable and hard chair. Zebro poured himself a cup of tea and a cup of cold water for the girl. Her hands shook as she grasped the cup, the adrenaline beginning to wear off.

The chair squeaked beneath her weight. Yeah, no one was talking. Y/N sipped the cool liquid from the cup. The two guards merely observed her actions for a few seconds until the man with the unlit cigarette sighed.

"Not that we're unpleased to see ya, Y/N, but why exactly are you here?"

Seaquant shuffled with a soft smile that contrasted his cold aura. He sat next to Zebro and poured himself a cup of steaming tea. The girl returned the weak smile. Her hands wrapped themselves around the weighted cup. I should probably ask them now that they're both here.

"I...Um... Do you know the Phantom Troupe?" Her nervous (e/c) eyes looked up into her mentors'.

They sat up straight and shared a knowing look. "We aren't allowed to speak of them on these grounds." Zebro grimaced at the very thought of the name and its dark history.

The other lit a cigarette in his mouth and took a long drag from it. "Unlike Zebro here, I'm not too afraid of what the Zoldyck's will do to me. But why would you want to know about them? You're not a Blacklist Hunter."

She agreed, "I know I'm not. I-Well I had a run-in with three of their members before I got here... a dark-haired short one, a very tall blond one, and the third had a fascination with video games."

"Feitan, Phinks, and Shalnark, otherwise known as Numbers 2, 5, and 6. How the hell did you manage to get involved with them?" Seaquant dragged his cigarette.

Y/N hesitated, "Well... After I left Gon and Killua at the port, I was on my way to the bus stop when I literally ran into them. They wanted me to go with them somewhere because I knew Nen."

"Are you sure?" Seaquant leaned onto the table, "Because the Troupe that I knew, they don't take just anyone they run into. What's your Nen type?"

She glared, what a dick. "Specialist."

"Specialist?" He looked her up and down, "You look like a Manipulator to me."

Y/N bit the inside of her cheek, annoyed. "Well, I'm not...Listen, I only came here because it was far enough away that I have a head start from them, and because this is a safe place for me to be, for now at least."

There was a phone that hung on the wall next to the door. On cue, the device began to ring. The tense atmosphere that was created between Seaquant and Y/N grew. They stared at the other as Zebro got up to answer the phone.