The x Final x Countdown

Thank you all so much for the kind words! I see it all, and my gratitude towards every single one of you is so great.

I also spent a buttload of time on this chapter, so I apologize for its delay!

Edit 1: okay so after rereading this chapter, I've added a few more things to smooth out some weird gaps in the story ~

-      -     -

The first match was to begin immediately. Gon and his opponent, Hanzo took to the match floor. The referee in charge of their match also stepped onto the floor.

"I'm Masta. I will be serving as the referee for this match."

"May the best one win." Hanzo stared down at Gon.

"Hi, it's been a while. You were following me during the Fourth Phase, right? It was a no-brainer. During the Fourth Phase, each examiner was possibly assigned to follow a participant. But I suppose the others should have noticed it as well." The Ninja shrugged as if it was nothing.

That was annoying as hell, Y/N thought to herself. That added to my brief confusion and nervousness when Killua and I were walking around the island. Kurapika looked up at a shocked Leorio. There were so many people that it was hard to keep up with who was a candidate and who was watching us.

"Even if I did, there'd be nothing to say about it." Kurapika shrugged.

"I have a question to ask you. We must let the opponent surrender in order to win. Correct? Knocking them out doesn't count and there will be no time limit."

"Right."

Hanzo's eyes trailed to Gon's small figure. Y/N sucked in a quick breath. They both stepped back and prepared to begin the match. The referee looked between them and began the match. I hope Gon can last long.

Gon quickly took off past Hanzo, but he was already next to the boy. Y/N clenched her fist as she knew what would come next. She observed their fast movements. Hanzo struck a blow against Gon's back, knocking him to the ground.

"You're good for a kid. If this was a normal fight, it would have ended." Hanzo towered over the boy's body on the ground.

Y/N closed her eyes and attempted to concentrate on what Gon was seeing. As soon as she tried tuning into his heartbeat and thoughts, she stepped back. Her legs felt like they were encased in an ocean. It's like I'm standing on jello while spinning myself in circles. With her eyes still closed, she stepped back again until she was planted firmly against the wall.

She heard and felt the shift on the match floor. The vibrations clashed together. Hanzo grabbed onto Gon and pulled his shoulders back to wake him up.

"That must have felt awful. After all, I knocked you hard enough for your brains to bounce around. We're on a completely different level. You'd better surrender now."

Hanzo's heartbeat quickened when he said that. Y/N opened her eyes and looked at the ninja. He's actually worried for Gon's safety. Gon's face was strained.

"No way!" Hanzo slapped Gon on the side of his head. The girl closed her eyes, I'm feeling dizzy from that head smack. Y/N perked up, does that mean I'm somehow tuned into Gon's perspective?

"Who's going to do that!?" Gon yelled.

Hanzo slapped the side of his head, hard. The vibrations sent from that panicked the girl. She grabbed onto Leorio's clothed arm as a reflex. Leorio didn't notice.