Goodbye Innocence x and x Hello Sins

The two women stared at each other amidst the silence. One more day and I could have gotten out of Heaven's Arena without running into her. Shari held a crazed look in her eyes, she licked her lips. Her eyes wandered around the lavish but barren room.

Her heartbeat... It's similar but...Different. The girl continued to look at the crazed woman with an indescribable emotion. I could ask her here, about that day. She closed the door behind her with a soft click.

Y/N was the first to break the tense silence, "You're... I think that you've been lying to everyone about who you are."

"Oh?" She cocked her head to the side, pouting, "What makes ya say that?"

The woman had something terribly off about her. She was missing something. It felt...wrong. Every fiber of her existence before her was unsettling. Y/N stared at her, knowing and remembering the match that was between them all those months ago.

She could feel Shari's beating heart. The dust cleared quickly. Her (e/c) eyes widened like deer looking in headlights. What the hell? Y/N felt the sword slip from her grasp. It fell to the floor with a few taps.

Shari titled her head to the side. "What's wrong, sugar?"

She opened her mouth to speak loudly, but only a small whisper came out, "Y-You don't...H-How?" Y/N stepped back, terrified.

"Your heart," Y/N stepped back, "During the exam, that fight we were destined to fight in, that wasn't you." She paused, "You can create something that was almost you, but, you can't replicate everything."

Shari smiled maliciously, "Go on~"

The girl with the unusual abilities hesitated, "You used a copy of yourself to fight. Almost like that Kastro and Hisoka fight. I couldn't feel your heartbeat then- But yet here you are- Heartbeat and all."

The woman brushed off Y/N's observations, "You're right, about it all, "She looked down at her nails, "Before that final phase as the Chairman called it, I left. Creatin' a copy of yourself isn't that hard for people like you and me, Y/N. I'm sure you're aware of that already.

However," Shari's tone became serious, "No one can create an exact copy, nerves and all, not even someone as brilliant as myself. Even being able to use Nen through a copy requires at least a year of trainin', which you won't have."

Y/N's (e/c) eyes narrowed suspiciously. "Let me take a guess- You plan on killing me within the year?"

"Of course~. But not here, not in this ugly building. It smells like wet feet in here. No- But I want us to have the grandest fight!" Shari was growing ecstatic.

Our main character stared at the overeager woman. "Oopsies- I should probs stop talking about my big and bad plan." She giggled. With a snap of her fingers, a small key manifested in her grasp.

The key was warped, dark in color, and gave off a soft gray hue of energy. That must lead to the opposite worlds. Shari followed her eyes to the object held in her hands. "Oh, this? I assume you understand who I am then."

Y/N stiffened. Oh. Oh no. How did that shit not click in my brain? The girl took another step back, feeling the wall meet her back. "You're not...Since when were you not Shari? Did you kill her during the exam?"

The mysterious woman's grin grew even wider. A large portal appeared behind her, growing bigger and darker as the seconds passed. Y/N grasped the pen-sword behind her back. She's not Shari. She's not her. If I'm right about this, then this person is actually-