Fuck x Hisoka x and Heights

Author here~

        This chapter was really hard for me to write this why it's being uploaded on an early Saturday. This chapter is pretty much filler at this point. Please do enjoy the chapter, and I'll see you all on Monday 😊

-     -     -

        The fog slowly became thicker the further into the Numere Wetlands. Kurapika and Leorio stayed close to each other. Killua and Gon we're together too. In an unknown location, losing one another in the fog wasn't an option.

Y/N was the exception. She was the outlier in the statistic. The girl had separated herself from her friends, but not from the group around her. Those nearby had trouble breathing in the moist air. The humidity was beginning to build as the fog became denser.

She stopped behind a tree. Her breathing slowed back to normal. Her heart rate slowed as she put her head between her knees. After a few minutes of catching up with her body, she knelt down so people wouldn't be able to see her so easily. The mist in the air kissed her skin. I should be fine. Like Gon, I can smell Leorio's cologne. Y/N opened her bag for the first time since Dolle Harbor.

There were a lot of small objects she didn't recognize. A pen, a ring, a bottle, a shirt a small notebook and some candy. The girl looked around in case something attacked. It was quiet, albeit the screams in the distance of people dying. I better make this quick. She opened the notebook, the pages are blank. The girl furrowed her eyebrows and stuffed the book back into the bag.

She then picked up the pen. It was a normal clicking pen. Y/N clicked the top. The writing utensil shifted itself into a Claymore Sword. The blade of the sword almost sliced the side of her face off. What the fuck? She touched the side of her right cheek and saw blood on her fingers.

Y/N dropped the sword onto the grass. The weapon reverted back into a pen. She stared at it. Her mind began racing. Isn't this a Percy Jackson reference? Why are these inside my bag? What the fuck is going on?

"I need to go." She quickly stuffed the pen back into her bag.

A loud rustling alerted the female. The sounds of leaves moving were from above her. Is it coming down to me? She was knelt down with one knee in the dirt. The (h/c) haired female stared up above her. There was a heavy object slowly coming down that Y/N could barely make out.

She narrowed her eyes in an attempt to deduce what was slowly making its way down to her. It can't be a living thing, could it? Her eyes widened. The object fell out of the tree and bounced lightly against the dirt. Y/N froze in place. Her breathing became irregular, similar to freaking out or the beginnings of a panic attack.

It's-

"Oh my god." She whispered to herself.

It was a head. A human head. Who the fuck would do this? She paused. Clearly, he's dead, he doesn't have a body. This couldn't have been Hisoka...right? The girl closed her eyes. Her heart slowed with her breathing. If this isn't Hisoka, then I have a serious problem. Someone else is taking the exam, it could be a coincidence. She shook her head, or it could be someone who's after me.

The Numere Wetlands grew more and more satisfied with new fertilizer for its soil. Its creatures and inhabitants grew stronger. The plants multiplied. And the murderers grew more hungry.

One by one the number of candidates who made it out of the tunnels died. They were either eaten alive or died quickly. Those who weren't caught at the hands of a swamp creature were lost in the thick fog.  The thirst for fresh blood continued.