Game x Of x Survival

This chapter was a little bit harder to write since it mostly involved running and running and running. I also appreciate any feedback you may have for me :)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy this chapter. 

==================================================

        The examiner, selected by the infamous Hunter Association stood before the candidates of this year's Hunter Exam. He clicked off the abnormally loud timer.

"Sorry to keep you waiting for so long," The purple-clad man quickly looked over everyone he could see, "Now, we have come to the end of the exam registration. And so, the Hunter Exam begins now!"

People stood up straighter at the man's remark. Y/N gripped the straps to her small bag tighter in anxiousness. The Hunter smiled internally.

"Let me remind you again, if you are not lucky or strong enough, taking the Hunter Exam could lead to serious injuries on your part and it could even cost you your lives."

Y/N's mind flashed back. Hisoka killed a couple of those guys in the swamp, while the swamp and that crack in the mountains took out even more people. The girl looked around. She couldn't tell who would end up dying and who would end up making it to the Zevil Island. There are way too many people here.

"For those who are taking the test in spite of all that, please come with me. For those giving up, please leave the place by taking the elevator right behind you." Satotz pointed in the direction of the elevators.

It stayed absolutely silent. Though she and her friends were steps away from the elevators, they didn't see anyone near to them make a move to back out of the exam. Satotz waited a few seconds for anyone wanting to leave. The Exam weeds out the weak and kills the weakest link out of them.

"Well then, all 405 candidates have decided to take the first test."

After a few seconds, the group of four saw the candidates in front of them begin walking. Y/N stayed close to her friends. Everyone seemed to be focused. Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio looked at those around them.

"So, nobody is pulling out. Just as I expected." Leorio muttered to his companions.

Kurapika perked up. He took notice of the group slowly increasing their pace. Those closer to the front began to run after the Phase 1 Examiner, who began moving faster. "The ones in front have started running," said Gon.

"He is picking up his pace." Kurapika audibly noted.

"I forgot to mention, "Satotz voice echoed, "My name is Satotz and I am the official examiner for the First Phase. Now, I am taking all of you to the Second Phase venue."

"The Second Phase? Then, what's the first?" Hanzo, the Saitama look-alike, questioned the examiner.

"The First Phase has already begun," The examiner paused for the surprised reactions of the candidates, "Following me to the Second Phase venue is what the test is all about."

Don't say it... Y/N hoped Hanzo wouldn't ask the stupid question. "So, we just have to follow you, is that it?"

"Yes. I apologize for being unable to inform you where and when we'll arrive. You'll just have to follow me."

"So, is that it? What a strange test." Gon commented to his friends.

"I think it's to test our patience," Leorio grinned, "Just what I'm looking for! We'll just have to catch up wherever he goes."