Serenade x Us x With Nen

Oops, sorry for the day-late upload. I've been trying to fix my sleep schedule, but nothing seems to be working. I'll try to get another chapter out later this week as well! No promises though :(

The walk over to Wing's residence was...Tense. Killua was beyond irritated and angry, Gon was off in his own headspace, and Y/N couldn't help but wonder. Why wasn't I as affected by Hisoka's Nen as Gon and Killua? And why did I see that blood? I don't remember seeing that anywhere since I got here. She kept her eyes on the ground.

Lost in thought, Y/N hadn't realized they had arrived at the house. She bumped into Gon, who then brushed against Killua. The white-haired boy snapped his attention back at the duo with murderous intent.

"Sorry-My fault." Y/N nervously laughed.

Wing entered the house, which left Y/N to close the door behind them. Zushi was already waiting for them in the living room. He placed a large vase with flowers inside, and let the water overflow.

"Simply put, this is Nen. It refers to the ability to manipulate aura. Nen is emitted from your body. Every person possesses a small amount of life energy. But in most cases, it simply leaks away. The ability to build up that life energy is called Ten." Wing adjusted something on the whiteboard.

"Your body will then become robust and you can maintain youth more than an average person. And Zetsu means to eliminate the aura. It is effective for concealing your presence and recovering from extreme fatigue.

Which brings us to Ren, a technique to create an especially strong aura."

Y/N stepped back. She watched as a faint outline of energy surrounded Wing. Okay, how am I able to see even a little bit of that? The other two gasped surprised. Y/N watched on.

"Can you feel that?"

"I can see the outline of it." The girl nervously spoke.

"Interesting. And you two can only feel it, yes?" Wing asked.

They both agreed. "I can feel the pressure of it." "But it doesn't feel dangerous."

"That's because I have no hostile intent," Wing paused for a few moments, "Aura is an energy that comes from within humans which makes it very effective against other humans. For better or worse. If you attack a helpless person with ill intent, you can see aura to kill."

"Only one thing can protect you from someone who uses Nen. You must also use Nen." Wing walked over to an open area of the living room.

Does that mean... No. Y/N thought back to her fight with Shari. That grip she had on me, I couldn't, nor did I, use Nen against her. I used distractions and my...pen-sword. She focused back on Wing's words.

"You must use Ten for defense. Block the other person's aura with your own. Otherwise..." A strong aura shot out of his hand and dented the wall he placed his hand over, "Your body will be crushed."

"That doesn't make sense." Y/N thought out loud, "Sorry, I-"

"Hm? What doesn't make sense?"

She hesitated, "Well... when the three of us took the Hunter Exam a few weeks ago, I faced someone who used Nen against me. Like, she had the urge to suffocate me until I was an inch away from dying. Could I have... Unknowingly used Nen to stop her?"

"It's possible to have done so without knowing. Remember, I mentioned that everyone has a bit of life energy, Nen, inside of them already."

"Right..." She trailed off.