40.

-Time skip-

"would you guys like a cup of tea" Trish asks as we arrive at her  house, the car ride was the just as embarrassing as in the plane but I have loosened up a little.

Hardin and Trish spoke for the entire ride catching up with everything they missed with each other. it surprised me to find out that Trish knows of his gang involvement. they are very close. he didn't say anything about my fathers death that I thanked god for. I still held a huge amount of guilt for I hope I will get over it in time, it's not like he didn't deserve it after all.

" sure, black for me, Tess doesn't like tea, also where should I put our stuff" Hardin asks while managing to hold onto our bags while I cling to his side, shy about what an awkward situation this whole thing is.

"the second door upstairs" Trish tells him to which Hardin goes to leave this well designed living room, to the upstairs. I go to follow him but Trish's voice stops me.

" oh Tessa, why don't you help me with the tea's" she asks in a sweet voice. She probably just wants to chat. with my back towards her i scrunch up my face, seeing Hardin go upstairs, he giggles a little looking back at me mouthing to me,

"She doesn't bite"

I turn to Trish after sending Hardin a glare, this is half his fault I feel like this.

" okay"
I smile at her trying to at least make a good impression now. She walks into the kitchen as I do behind her.

"So Tessa how long have you and Hardin been together, Hardin's told me about you a few times but I feel like I still don't know you enough" she tells me going behind the contour to make the teas for them.

"Um a couple of mounts maybe six or seven we don't really celebrate anniversary's so it's hard to keep track" I tell her fiddling with my palms, rubbing them together. She hums to my reply switching on the kettle she turns to me seeing me standing in the middle of the kitchen.

" oh dear, have a seat, I seriously don't bite" she giggles a little at her saying this, she must've seen Hardin earlier. I nod my head, I've never been good with meeting people new.

" tell me about yourself" she says leaning on the counter ready for me to tell her my whole life story. I giggle a little at that she wants to know all of the gossip.

"Um well, I'm an orphan, I spent mostly my whole life in an orphanage, the library was my second home, I didn't really have any friend through school until I came to the university, Molly and me were roommates, me bonded quickly, she became like a sister to me, it's actually funny thinking back to the first day when I meet Hardin, long story short we had a love hate relationship which soon turned out to be just love.
my mother passed when I was young, I remember her sometimes, she was actually quite like you, she loved reading and she was a really nosy and cheerful laidback person. I was only little, sorry" I choke up tears fluffing my vision talking about my mother was really harder now that I knew what happened to her. The kettle pinged but Trish ignored it and ran over to me pulling me into her arms.

For a sweet second they felt like my mothers arms. I didn't want to let go. She held me while I sob, caressing my hair her hands felt like Hardin's, they were soft and warm. I found her to be a great hugger through it felt like we stood there for long.

"I know it must've be hard Tessa, I'm so sorry, I bet she would be proud of you if she was here know, if you ever want to talk or get away from Hardin time to time, I know first hand he can be very annoying I'm always a ring away" she tells me as we pull away from each other. I nod to say yes to her knowing my voice is shaky from crying.

Trish gives me a wide smile, letting me sit back down, she goes to finish the teas. Just as she gets to place the tea down, Hardin appears in the doorway, the silence in the room wasn't awkward but he still glanced over to me.

Worry took over his face as he strode over to me taking a set next to me he grabbed my hands in his making me look at him. My probably dry tear stained cheeks court his attention because he brushes my hair out of my face, softly brushing the tears away with his thumb. I leaned into his touch, forgetting we were in the company of his mum. His head snaps to his mum, his face holding back not to be angry but irritated.

" Mum want did you say to her, I told you she been through a lot and now you made her.." I stoped him mid sentence, placing my finger on his lips. There's no means for him to be rude to his mother, she was there for me not against me.

" Hardin you've got it wrong, we were just talking and I was talking about my mother, I just got emotional it's okay" I tell him stoking his cheek with the back of my fingers. He calms down once hearing this taking my hand from his face placing a kiss, I blush at the affectionate action.

" sorry for getting a little mad mum" he apologises to her which I think shocked her at first, she looked as if he hadn't said sorry in years. I think I now know a different Hardin that she used to know.

" oh it's fine dear" she waves it off, placing the tea in front of him and a iced coffee in front of me that I didn't realise she had makes through I think I was too in thought to hear the ice rattling. My face lite up at her thoughtfulness.

*Hardin view*

" thank you so much"
Tessa sip the sweet coffee in front of of her drifting into her own little world.

" what are you thinking off doing, this weekend" my mother asks as I snap out of the gaze I had locked on Tessa. She looks between us both with a awww face. To which I already know what she's thinking about. 'Grandchildren'

I chuckle at it going to answer her question. " nothing special I thought I'm going to take Tessa out to explore my second home town but other than that we need to stay hidden in here" I say siping on my tea occasionally taking a glance at tess to see her still in her daydreaming, I place my hand on her upper thigh, she doesn't react, she's really into the day dream.

" brilliant because I want a movie night" I chuckle again at my mothers traditional movie nights she likes to have a marathon of all the sloppy romance movies when ever I see her. I always cringe at the genre wanting the action and horror but she just declines me saying I can watch that in my own time. I always some how find myself watching them manly because I'm a mummy's boy. She always been with me so why wouldn't I be.

" I'll make the popcorn, you guys go change" she tells us to which I nod to standing up, Tessa is still stares at the wall, I decided to have a little fun. I know she completely out of this world as she doesn't mind the water poring from the sink or the way the pop corn is popping On the hob. I fill up a glass of water, my mum stands there watching me. I walk over to tess about to pour it over her when she all of a sudden jumps up snapping the glass from my hands and pours in on my head.

My mother laughs and her break into hysterics, my hair drips with water and my top all soaked. She is not getting away with this. As if she can tell what's about to happen, I see her little body running away, it's not fast because she keeps on hitching over laughing. I run after her, up the stairs.

"You're not getting away from me this time Tess"