8.

"what" I stand up confused and Caleb stands up as well seeing my reaction.

"no Tessa you don't get it" he says and sit back down willing for him to explain.

"explain" I tell him

"yeah, um well he got annoyed that I was spending time with you , but we are just friends and I told him this and he just lost it and left the house throwing a bottle of whiskery at the door" he says and I try to understand but why would his step brother be mad that he's spending time with me.

"wait who is your step brother" I ask trying to put two and two together.

"well he doesn't like people knowing but he's Hardin" he says and I sit there in shock.

"Hardin, like Hardin Scott" I ask

"yeah we have different last names because my mum hasn't married his dad yet" he says and we sit there silence for minutes. I don't know what to think. why is Hardin being so protective and annoying. like I'm a human I can make my own decision the sooner he finds this out the better. I get up not having a apatite anymore.

"where are you going" Caleb asks as I get up. I forgot I was with him for a second.

"um my dorm, I just need to just be alone" I tell him and he nods. he looks back to the front and I hug him, he didn't accept this because he jerks always but then pulls me in hugs back.

"do you need a ride its pretty dark" he asks concerned. I pull out and look out the glass door and see the sun just about to set I turn back and nod to him. we get in his car and he drives. he answers most of my questions about everything and we finally pull up to the dorms and I'm about to get out when he pulls my wrist so i look at him.

"what wrong" I ask and he looks me in the eyes and turns serious.

"just know that Hardin isn't always a dick, well he is but you change him, some how I've never seen him like this before"

I don't say anything back and he docent either. I get out and walk to my dorm looking at the time. its only 7 when I open the door to my dorm and see Hardin sitting up on my bed. I jump a little.

"Hardin, you scared me" I say and close the door behind me, drooping my bag on the floor by my bed.

"sorry" he says. I was shocked at first he didn't say anything rude or mocking. is he feeling ok. I walk over and stand just in front of his legs and he looks up at me, he looks exhausted why didn't he just go home and sleep.

"you look exhausted Hardin we can do the assignment tomorrow go home and get some sleep" I tell him and lay down on my bed face first.

"I don't want to go home" he says back and lays down next to me looking up at the celling.

"humuhumu" I mumble.

"hey what's wrong" he sounds concerned, he pulls some hair form were it laid on my head to see my face. I don't say anything and he gets annoyed and whines

"Tess tell me what's wrong" he pleads for me to answer. I snap, sitting up all of a sudden.

"Hardin, your the problem you keep going around telling me to not talk to anyone and fight with your step-brother" he raises his eyebrow but I continue, "about me and your rude and annoying, you tell me to stay away from players but your a player yourself and you just drive me insane , like absolutely insane.' I throw my hands up in the air emphasizing my point. he sits there in silence for a moment then says the most stupid thing ever.

"I'm not a player"

I lose it then standing up and pase up and down the middle of the dorm, beyond annoyed with him I just want him to leave.

"Hardin just leave, I can't do this now"I shout surprising both of us with my voice.

"I'm not leaving, I'm sorry ok please just listen" he asks and I shake my head denying my brain to listen to him.

"No Hardin JUST LEAVE" I yell again even louder and he groans getting up and walking over to the door, he looks back at me.

"Tess I will go but you need to mind your own god dam business and keep your trap shut" he nearly yells and points his finger at me. He leaves banging the door. I collapse onto the bed with a loud sigh. I feel bad for people in there dorm right know.

"That dick"' I say to my self frustrated.

I was so tired after everything that happened so I decided to take a shower and put on some pjs and I drifted of to sleep fast.