19.

I woke up first as always and decided to get ready, I walk over to his closet and get out a black top and some of his boxers and change. He looks so peaceful sleeping so I just tiptoe over and Kiss his forehead before going down stairs.

It scares me to go down here alone again but I weren't going to stay upstairs my whole life. I hear people chatting so I go in that direction to see some familiar boys sitting on two sofas playing and watching the tv. One of them must've heard me because they turn around and look me up and down.

"Hey little peanut" one of them says. I notice some of the boys from school.

"Hey, please don't call me that" i asks and they smirk at me.

"Then what am I gonna call you" the same blonde, quite rude boy says. Just as I'm about to say my name, Caleb comes through the kitchen door and runs to me.

"Tessa" he says exited and picks me up pulling me of the floor because he taller than me.

"Haha hey Caleb" I say and hug him back.

"What are you doing here, I didn't think you'd come here after what happened" he asks as he lets go.

"Um yeah, me and hardin kinder made up, If you told me a week ago I'd be standing here I'd would've said your max but Hardin  told me I'm safe here" I tell him and he smiles.

" I wouldn't trust everything Hardin  tells, I could early stab you" a boy out of no where says making me conscious of who I'm talking with.

"Jake shut up" Caleb says turning to me, holding my shoulder, " just ignore him, he won't do anything" I nod now still being a little weary of him.

"Where is Hardin anyways I have to talk to him" one of the boys on the sofas ask.

"he's in bed" I say and my belly rumbles.

"Someone's hungry" Caleb says and pulls me into the kitchen we're there's pancakes on the table.

"Umm I'm definitely hungry" I say and the boys come in and we eat together, I sit as far away from Jake as I can. I know some off them from somewhere I've forgotten though. The boys continue to talk when I feel strong arms rap around my waist and hardin sitting next to me.

"Morning precious"he whispers in my ear. It sends a shiver down my spine, I smile and turn my head kissing his cheek.

The boys notice this and start whistling and making noises. Hardin gives them a death stare and they stop. I eat most of the pancake but can't eat the rest so I give it to hardin.

"Boss I need to speak with you" one of the boys says I think he's John. Why is he calling hardin boss.

"Sure meet me in the office" Hardin says serious and gets up picking me up to stand and cups my cheeks.

"I've got to do some business explore the house and Caleb will keep you company ok" he say.

"Why, what business" i asks curious.

"It's better you don't know" hardin continue.

"But I want to know" I say stubborn.

"Well I'm not telling you"hardin say a little loud, raising his voice all of a sudden. I walk out and up the stairs. But I hear Caleb and hardin talk.

"Really hardin, you didn't need to scream in her face, and she's gonna find out anyway" Caleb says. What am I gonna find out, what is so bad I dont want to know. I walk down the corridors with my head down for a while when I bump into someone. It was one of the boys. I remember him the day I was here last and the dead man. He shot the gun. He smirks down at me, I start to run the other way down the stairs and to a door, I think I lost him, or he wasn't following to start with. I hear voice inside the door and decide to ear drop on it.

"You have put you and her in danger boss and you need to do something about it" a boy says.

"I know ok, don't you think I know that but I can't stay away from her she's literally everything to me." Hardin says I know its him by his deep voice. Does he really feel that way for me.

"Hardin just remember ok you need to tell her your in a gang or the longer you wait the further it's going to push her away." The boy says.

Shit Hardins in a gang is that what he meant by he's dangerous and he's putting both of us in danger.

I need to go.

I hear foot steps coming to the door, I sprint to the front door but as I open it it sends a ear piercing alarm through the house. I stop in my tracks and look behind me to see everyone standing there. I've escaped before I can do it again. I run out but before I can get far I feel tight arms around me stopping me. It was hardin.

"Why are you running away"he asks, a little hurt.

"I'm not staying here. I can't why didn't you tell me"I say my voice breaking.

"You heard didn't you" he says looking up at the sky. I push at his chest.

"Yes i did, your in a gang why what how?"I ask.

"Tess please listen to me, if you heard everything then you heard what I said about you, tess I can't live without  you please don't go"

"I did, I'm not saying I don't don't want you I just need time this whole thing the mansion, the gang, the necklace, I'm so confused I need to go back to my dorm"I say and start to walk away. By feel his hold my wrist.

"Please let me come with, I don't want to be away from you and you might be in danger" he says. I nod and he pulls me into a hug, picking me up. And whispers in my ear.

"Happy birthday precious"I shake my head,

" not the right time Hardin" in my own lack of don't being able to stay mad at him for more than two minutes, I let it go and he just smirks as he leans into the car after me.