17.

I advert my eyes away from him back to leo next to me.

Molly gets my attention, mouthing to me 'she's sorry', I just let it go, as much as I would love to not be in the same from as him, she couldn't off known he would come here.

I lower my head and Leo must've sensed something was up because he brings me closer into a side friendly hug, to comfort me. I appreciate it but   find I must look weak having him there so I sit up straight and continue to talk alone with the boys to distract myself like it was before.

Molly eventually sits down and out of the corner of my eye I see his presence coming closer to the table. poppy keeps rambling on about nonsense. I still haven't looked up but I can feel Hardin's eyes burning the side of my scalp.

"we are gonna get going Tess you want a ride" Leo asks quietly, not to speak to loudly when poppy was yelling. I had just about had enough of tonight so I went to nod only to hear the voice of the person I least wanted to hear.

"she's not going anywhere with you and her name is TESSA NOT TESS"Hardin shouts like I'd never heard him before. why is he being like this he isn't the one who scared for here life after seeing someone being killed right in front of them by the people he lives with.

I look up at Hardin and our eyes lock, for a second I forgot about everything. I snap my head to the boys and start to get up but Hardin moves into the booth next to me. I sift away from him,

he looks at me upset. the boys bid there goodbyes to me after seeing I had not chance but to stay, thank god molly and Noah are still here. I look back up at Hardin.

"can you let me out I need the bathroom" I don't but I don't want to be near him.

"no precious we need to talk, you cant ghost me forever" he says and starts to move closer to me.

"Don't call me that for starters and would it ever accrue to you that I don't want to talk to you" I tell him certain my words were true. Do

"Tess, just give me a chance to explain, I know what you saw, its not what you think." he says, I push him out the booth and pull his hand out the door leaving the others. Hardin follows behind me not having a choice in the matter as we get outside I let go of his hand and turn to him, my face red with rage.

"Hardin what am I meant to do, I literally say your friends kill someone I'm obviously gonna run, I didn't know if you were going to hurt me, as well" I say and Hardin stands there speechless.

"Tess I'm so sorry I didn't mean for you to see that, I'm dangerous" he says running his fingers through his hair. I look at the ground not knowing what to say.

"you need to stay away from me Tess"he says low not wanting the words out of his mouth.

No shit, I haven't been trying to do that.

I shake my head looking at him, through everything that happened there's still a little part of me that still feel the need to be near him.

"Hardin I know I've been distant, I just didn't want to get hurt and I didn't know if I was gonna be safe with you"

"of course you'll be safe with me, my friends know what you mean to me they aren't the enemy" he tells me and moves closer holding my waist.

I don't let him at first but when I see the desperateness in his eyes,everything I cursed over him through the week vanishes.I look into his green eyes they aren't as bright as they were a week ago and I notice the dark shadows under his eyes from the desperation of sleep.

"Hardin, I don't know" I say shaking my head, everything happened to fast with him, one minute We are sharing a sweet moment and then the next a guy is being shot.

"just say you will give us a chance, I will tell you everything to when my first tooth fell out to when we meet just please don't leave me, I don't know how I survived the last week without you" I giggled and then frowned as he speaks. How can I trust someone that kills people it's luna cris.

"Hardin how am I gonna be around you when you and your friends kill people" I say, going on my tiptoes to hold his cheeks in my hands. he pulls me closer raping his arms around me further. oh have I missed his body against mine.
There's still a big part of me that wants to push him away but the more pressing feeling is having him so close to me, his cologne filling my senses.

"Tess listen to me, I will never let anything happen to you please just let me be with you" he asks losing a little hope when I don't respond immediately. I don't know what to say but my mind is telling me different so without thinking any longer, I go on my tiptoes and smash my lips to his.

he doesn't hesitate to slide his tongue in. It's a kiss with urgency but also passion as I run my fingers through his hair and down his back, he picks me up and I hook my legs around him as he moves down to kissing my  neck. he pulls away and mumbles something.

"I love you"it shocked me to think he he said that. I'm not sure if he did it could just be my mind playing tricks on me, I lift his head to look at me.

"what did you just say" I ask, he bites my lip and then says in a clear voice.

"I love you Tess" he repeats I smile so wide and hug him tighter. I lay my head in his shoulder bone and whisper in his ear.

"I love you too" he holds me up.

"don't say too, it sounds like your agreeing with me"he says and I smirk, kissing just under his ear which I know makes him moan.

"I love you Hardin" I echo in his ear. I don't know if it's too soon but my heart is ponding out of my chest so u take it as a good sign. he pulls me as close as possible and buries his head into my hair. I start to shiver and Hardin sees this, I only then realise we have been outside bobs tge whole time.
"lets go"he says and doesn't let me down, "I don't want you freezing"he walks to his car and places me into the passage seat like I'm a two year old. he walks around the other side and as soon as he gets in he puts his hand on my thigh.

"you know I'm not a little child, I can walk" I say as he starts the car.

" I like holding you it calms me" he says, I giggle a little. He starts to drive and lean my head on the window and fall asleep to the low hum of Hardin humming along to the sound playing on the radio.