1.

I woke up to my alarm ringing in my ear. I roll over groaning at how early it is and I turn it of, realising that today I will be free from this orphanage and everything that goes along with it. I never made any friends here the only good thing was the library although I've read all the book in there top to bottom with all the spare time I had. I'm going to Washington University and I'm leaving in a little while because of the long drive there.

I get up out of my bed, the springs snapping loudly beneath me. I search through my limited wardrobe deciding on a simple white crop top matched with some grey lose joggers and a jacket if I get cold. I walk down the hallway to the bathroom from the whole orphanage only having two toliet and the other being on the third floor and public I decide on the closet and cleaner ones, I brush my teeth and put my hair up in a ponytail and let the baby hairs fall on my face. I apply minimum makeup just mascara and lipgloss and head back into my room to put the last things in my suitcase. My books, cloths, and some little accessories I had gathered over the years. Later making my way downstairs to say good bye to the workers that have been with me though everything and took care of me since I was six.

"Goodbye Theresa I will miss you so much but have a amazing time and call if you need anything'" she has tears in her eyes as I hug her tightly, not every orphanage is lucky enough to have a caring owner and workers. They have been there through every hard night and always had a shoulder to let us cry upon when feeling low.

"I'll be ok, it's only college what could happen" I say sarcastically but she doesn't take it that way and starts rambling on about how I could get drugged or hurt, she literally thinks of the worst things, I put my hand on her shoulder and she stops talking taking in a deep breath.

"Ok I'm sorry it won't be that bad just make sure you make some friends" she pulls me into one last hug.

"Thank you for everything'"I pull out and she nods while holding back tears. I pick up my backs and head out to the cab that waited for ages for me. I open the door and turn back one last time and wave at her, trying to hold the tears back. I was beyond fortunate to have her and the other worker through my childhood, they gave me hope and supported me.

I wave one last time and duck my head in and land on the leather seats in the taxi and it soon drives off. Orphanage I had spent years in being less and less clear in the distance.

I place my earphones in my ears blasting music so I don't have to listen to the engine all the ride. Drifting into a slow, calm sleep leaning my head onto the window, I let my thoughts of my life ahead take over.

College was what I had always dreamed of going to, it was maybe the advert on tv that intrigued me or that my mother never got to go that I felt the need to experience it for her but I never expected my life to change so quickly from catching the eye of an emerald eyed gang leader.

*Cliché* alert