Chapter 23: Eunwoo's Mother

I wanted to chat with Jisu and Chaeryeong about Ryujin being detained by the police, but  I didn't think that it was the time to talk about that matter. I guess my mother was just the same with me, she wanted to discuss about Ryujin with her mother, but she also felt that it was not the right time.

A few moments later, we were in the canteen because the meeting between the school and our parents had not started yet. We sat there facing the long table to enjoy our meals that had been brought by Ryujin's mother.

Mrs. Shin sat between me and my own mother. On my right side was Chaeryeong. Meanwhile, Jisu and Mrs. Choi sat across us. Of course, Ryujin was nowhere to be seen. She had been in the lock-up for two days now.

At about nine o'clock, our mothers entered the classroom to queue up to get our report cards. Me, Jisu, and Chaeryeong were chatting in the canteen, talking about Ryujin. Shortly thereafter, they returned with our report cards, except for Mrs. Shin because it was said that Ryujin's homeroom teacher and the principal wanted to have a private chat with her after the report card presentation was over.

"Yeji, you will go back home with Mrs. Shin, okay dear?" My mother said to me.

"Okay, mom."

My mother then left the school together with Mrs. Lee and Mrs. Choi. Jisu and Chaeryeong had already left the school once their mothers came out of the classroom after receiving their report cards.

While I was waiting for Mrs. Shin to come out from the principal's office, I sat on a bench before noticing a lady in her late 30's was talking with Kiki, my classmate, who just came out of the canteen. Kiki went back into the cafeteria with the lady.

"Yeji. This lady wants to meet you." Kiki said to me while gesturing to the lady.

"Oh? How can I help you?" I quickly stood up and bowed to her.

"Sorry, are you Yeji?"

"Yes ma'am?" I asked back, with a little surprise because I didn't know why she was looking for me.

"Can we have a talk first?"

"Sure. But can I know what this is about?"

"I am Eunwoo's mother."

"Okaaay?" Uneasiness crept its way into me considering that I had a fight with Eunwoo on the other day, and I was pretty sure what she was going to discuss had something to do with it.

"Let me put this straight."

I only nodded, couldn't know on what to reply to her statement.

"To be honest, I am disappointed that Eunwoo was expelled from the school," Mrs. Cha stated with what I can felt like a fiery eye.

"Oh." In that instant I realized I was dealing with someone who would be annoying. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Is this because Eunwoo slapped you, huh?" Mrs. Cha raised one of her eyebrows with quite an intimidating smile.

"What do you mean by that?"

"He was fighting with Ryujin because of you, am I right?"

"Yes, maam."

"What's wrong?" Mrs. Cha had folded her arms in front of her chest.

"What do you mean by that, maam?"

"Eunwoo couldn't be slapping you without any reason. I knew my son very well. He is such a really good and obedient child. He shouldn't be doing these kinds of things to others without any solid reason."

"Hello, maam. May I know what you are talking about with my daughter here?" I suddenly felt a rush of relief once Mrs. Shin sat beside me.

"She is Eunwoo's mother," I said to Mrs. Shin.