Chapter 5: Chou's Cafe

On the very next day, I received a letter from Ryujin. I don't know how she could pass it through Hyunjin. The content of the letter is short but made me felt something in my heart.

"I have already fallen in love with you."-SRJ

Quickly, I hide the letter from Hyunjin who was prying over the letter. And that was it. She had made me lost my focus on the class for the whole day.

During recess, I sat at the cafeteria together with Hyunjin, Minho, Jisung and Minnie. We were eating our food while having some light conversation.

"Does everyone in this school eat here, in the café?" I asked, earning questioning looks from my companions.

I cleared my throat while smiling.

'Did I get caught?'

"Nope. Some of the students prefer to spend their recess time at Chou's Café which is located not far from this school. They went there because there will be no teachers looking after them." Minnie replied while munching on her favourite menu, kimchi fried rice.

"Oh. She must be there, then." I responded to Minnie's answer, not realizing that I said it out aloud.

"Who?" Hyunjin raised an eyebrow.

"Ryujin." I replied, not wanting Hyunjin to get more suspicious on me.

"Why did you want to know where she is?" I rolled my eyes upon hearing Hyunjin's questions.

"Am I not allowed to know where my friend is right now?"

"Is she even your friend?" Jisung interrupted.

I was taken aback upon hearing Jisung's question. I inhaled deeply before meeting his eyes.

"Yes, I guess?"

"You guess?" Hyunjin asked his-i-don't—know-what-number-his-question-is-right-now.

"Yes." I replied firmly, not leaving his eyes. I didn't know why, but I felt a bit offended when my 'friendship' with Ryujin was being questioned by those two.

"Didn't you know that she is one of the motorcycle gang members in our school? She is also one of their captains. She is dangerous, Yeji."

"So what?"

"You must not be involved with her, Yeji. Even by being her acquaintance. You could put yourself in danger." Jisung replied.

I sighed.

"I know how to take care of myself. I am not that stupid. I know what I am doing. Besides, we are just friends. Not more than that." My heart ached upon noticing what I had said to the three of them.

"But Yeji. You know what the gangs often do right? Being involved in fights, beating other's asses. Do you really want to be involved with such things?" Jisung asked me worriedly.

"Why did you even think that I will get myself involved with such things? I have already said to you that I know on how to take care of myself. I am not a stupid person." My blood started to boil upon hearing those words about Ryujin.

"But- "

"Hi to the most beautiful person in the world that I have ever met, the one and only Hwang Yeji." Hyunjin's words were cut when Ryujin suddenly took a seat beside me, greeting me, not minding the other three that were having their meals together with me.

"Hello, Ryujin." I couldn't lie that my heart did not flutter at all upon hearing Ryujin's greeting for me.

"Hey, The Great Shin!" suddenly, one of our schoolmates who I don't even know his name greeted Ryujin while patting her back. I felt uneasy upon seeing such contact that had been made by the boy.