Chapter 17: Finally

On the next day, as I was preparing for school, Chan came to my house. He said that he purposely stopped by, as he happened to be passing by the house. Chan offered me to go to school with him. Oh? This feels like a trap.

However, considering that I am quite lazy to go to school by using the van, I decided to just follow his suggestion. Upon reaching the school, I asked him to get me off at the junction of the road, where I used to get off the van, before walking to school.

"Why can't I drive you to the school?"

"Nothing."

"Are you afraid that someone might be jealous, huh?"

"Who?"

"Ryujin?"

"No, I just wanted to walk."

"Nah, you are afraid that he might be jealous at me." He smirked. I had started thinking on how to kill him quietly without anyone noticing it.

"No."

"Is he your boyfriend?"

"What if it is a yes?"

"Nothing. I am just asking for a confirmation."

"What are you gonna do with that?"

"Nothing."

"One thing, Chan. Only one thing. I didn't want to have anything with you. I could only see you as a brother of mine, not more than that. Just don't overestimate yourself, Chan."

"Yeji, I- "

"As far as I know, Ryujin is not a jealous person. It's you who I think is being jealous of Ryujin. That person, when Ryujin thought that I was dating Hyunjin, she even said to her friends not to bother me because I am already dating with Hyunjin. Can you be like that?" I said to him before getting off the car, after thanking him for the ride.

During recess, I went to the cafeteria with Chaeryeong, since Ryujin was suspended from school because of Mr. Lee's case. We then sat outside at the school's field, joining Soyeon and the newly couple, Minnie and Miyeon. Not long after we sat down, Heejin's group arrived. The group of twelve brought along some kind of black aura behind of them, considering the fact that they were all wearing straight-faces. I chuckled a bit while thinking about that. I am sorry, I couldn't contain myself.

Heejin and her friends stopped and asked Chaeryeong.

"Hey, Chae. Is Ryujin healthy? Is she doing alright?"

"Yes, sure she is." She replied while spooning food into her mouth, not paying her full attention to Heejin.

"Tell her I say hi." Heejin lowered her body to meet with Chaeryeong's eyes, who was still sitting on the ground.

"Alright. So now, can you go away? We want to eat right now."

"Wow. This cold bitch." Sooyoung said with a smirk, while eyeing Chaeryeong up and down her torso.

"But this is not a bitch." Hyejoo said while smirking at me.

"Just please leave us alone. Let us eat in peace, please?" I said while putting down my sandwich onto my lap.

"Anything for you, beautiful." Hyejoo bowed while winking at me.

"Are you trying to cheat on me, dude?" Chaewon pinched Hyejoo's arm making all of us let out light chuckles watching Hyejoo flinched over Chaewon's action.

"Let's go, Heejin. I am hungry." Kim Hyunjin, Heejin's secret admirer that is not so secret gripped her wrist and tried to drag her along towards the café.