Chapter 28: We Broke Up

Jisu informed me on the next day at school that Ryujin had been arrested by the police because she and her pals had attacked a group of people that she suspected of being the murderers of Changbin the night before. Don't bother asking how I felt at the moment. But I didn't cry, either because I was furious with her, or perhaps because Ryujin's actions enraged me.

Ryujin was only confined for a short time before being released, according to Jisu. Ryujin, on the other hand, was kicked out of her house by her father in exchange. I'm not going to talk anything about it. Anyway, I was quite unhappy at Ryujin at the moment.

It was as if I was telling her, "Do anything you want, or go to hell!" I didn't care, I loved her, but I was weary of talking about the same thing again and again and again.

Ryujin stayed at Karl's residence, according to Jisu. After school that day, I went to Karl's house that was given by Jisu. When I arrived, I saw Ryujin who was gathering in the living room of the house with some of her unknown acquaintances. Karl's home isn't particularly large. Karl is the only occupant of the house because he is an only kid whose parents have been divorced for a long time and each of them had remarried.

The residence was afterwards utilised as a gathering place for their motorcycle gangs. Ryujin emerged from the house and grinned as I approached her. I slapped her in the face when she was right in front of me, without even starting to speak. I never imagined myself doing something so cruel to her. I feel like I've gotten myself into a bad predicament. But I guess what I did had nothing to do with hatred; I loved her, but I couldn't stop myself from becoming enraged with Ryujin.

Ryujin rubbed her cheek which I slapped earlier while looking at me who was already crying. I looked into her eyes. Meanwhile, I could feel that Ryujin's friends were already peeking and watch the commotion between us.

"Why?" Ryujin asked in surprise.

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't dare to slap me in return. I'm even very sure, Ryujin will not be angry when I slapped her. I know her. For God's sake, as long as I got to know her, she never got angry with me even for a second.

"Let's break up!" I said almost in a squeak.

I looked her in the eye. She looked confused, as if she couldn't believe what I said.

"Why?"

"I am tired of worrying about you, Ryujin. I am tired of always being defeated and not being able to refrain you from doing something that is dangerous for you. I don't think that I will be able to continue my life if I was going to always being worried for you. I love you, but I don't think I am able to bear the consequences of loving you." I let the tears melt down my cheeks.

"I'll take you home," Ryujin said very softly, as if she was begging to me.

I silently looked down, wiping my tears.

"Okay?" Ryujin asked me, wanting my consent. I answered with a nod.

"Wait a minute. I will take the motorbike," Ryujin then went to get her motorbike.

Before we left Karl's place, I hopped on her motorcycle. It's possible that this will be the final time I ride that motorcycle. I stayed silent the entire way, and I even adjusted my seat so that I wasn't too close to Ryujin. Ryujin was similarly deafeningly quiet till we reached my home. After thanking her, I got down and went directly into my house.

I cried once she left. I don't know why, I just feel like I've done the wrong thing and felt really bad, even though I know everything I'm doing was for Ryujin's own good. I never thought that I really wanted to break up with Ryujin, but I felt like I had to, to teach her a lesson.