Chapter 25: She is My Hero

That night, Yugo came to my house to meet my father and mother. I also joined them. Originally, I refused to meet them and definitely would love to just stay in the room, doing my own chores but unfortunately, my dad called me and asked me to join their talks.

My aunt, Aunt Cho apologized for Yugo's mistake. She mentioned that since Yugo had been sent to another country to study where freedom in expression is common, she believed that Yugo had made a simple mistake. I can't believe what she just said.

I guess that what Yugo had done to me would still be considered a violation of the law and morale even though if it happened in another country. Yes, the western culture has offered the concept of freedom, but Yugo uses it without intelligence.

Aunt Cho also said that her beloved son had acted that way because he thought that I had become his girlfriend. She mentioned that Yugo had fallen in love with me since he visited my house when they first came here after finishing his studies in Belgium.

She also added that Yugo has the principle that the start of a relationship should not be expressed in a statement. In fact, to him, love is not important, what matters is action.

He intervened and said that there was no need to convince people with words, but actions will definitely work. I retorted that it is the worst act of sexual harassment to me.

Even Yeonjun would not do that to me. He may be a really annoying boy, but he wouldn't touch me when I told him not to act like that. He still has this kind of respect and boundaries in him, but I guess it was blown away whenever he was with his friends or while he was acting like an angry bull. He was really sweet to me whenever we were alone.

I am not comparing him with Yeonjun because of the commotion with Ryujin, but I would love to point out that if Yugo wanted to say that he acted like that because he is a boy so he couldn't control himself whenever he was with me, then I will compare him with Yeonjun.

Both are boys but with different view of affection and boundaries. He knows on how to respect a woman and I would give Yeonjun credits on that, except whenever he had lost his mind over petty things. That was where my agreement on giving credits to Yeonjun ends.

I wish I could stand up for myself against Yugo, but the problem was that I feel bad for dad. And, I felt that if I couldn't get rid of my anger and couldn't forgive Yugo, it would make dad disappointed, since that brat is actually my father's nephew. He is my cousin.

Feeling forced, I accepted Yugo's apology. But, you have to know it's really just words of mouth because deep inside, I can't really forgive him and it's my conviction that I refuse to make peace with him.

Aunt Cho was beyond happy and suggested that I should be going out with Yugo so that he could make up with me. Surprisingly, my dad refused to let me go out with Yugo.

"My daughters are precious gems. Once anybody had hurt them, I will never let them get near the both of them again. And I guess, Yeji would also refuse to spend her times with this boy over here." Dad added and patting my back soothingly.

"Yes, dad. I am not going out with him."

"But Yeji. I must prove to you that I love you."

"You should have done better, Yugo. And you should never try to sexually harass my daughter."

"But uncle, I love her so much and I would do anything to gain her trust and love." Yugo pleaded and it seems like Aunt Cho was really giving her best look at me to accept his son's confession.

"Well, I think you must know that my daughter here is already in a relationship. Her suitor is already here." My mother said and pointed at the door while smiling at me.