Chapter 2: The Fortune Teller

A/n: Hi there! A really fun fact today; I have already finished writing and re-editing the whole story. So, I have decided to publish the story twice a week, which will be once on Tuesday and another one of Friday. But I might publish more chapters per week. Stay tuned and i really hope that you will enjoy this story!

---

That morning, as usual, after I was dropped off at the intersection, I walked to my school together with my other schoolmates.

I walked alone, watching my other schoolmates playing and teasing with each other. I was still new at that time and hence, I didn't have a lot of friends to have a conversation with. From behind, I could hear the sound of motorcycle being revved. It was quite loud and somehow had irritated my ears.

Not so long after, I could sense that the motorcycle was already beside me. It moved very slowly. I spared a glance to the driver, and saw she used the same uniform as mine, a Hanlim Multi Arts School's uniform. I composed myself. Her face was really beautiful, and forever will be.

"Good morning." She said with a smile on her face.

"Morning." I spared another glance to her, before focusing on the road again.

"You are Yeji, am I right?" I turned my face to her, trying to remember whether I really knew her, or she was just a stranger to me.

Obviously, she wasn't someone that I knew.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Can I make a fortune telling?"

"Fortune telling?" I raised one of my eyebrows, feeling curious with her question. Why did she choose to do a fortune telling instead of being friends with me?

"Yes." She nodded.

"I could tell that today, we will meet in the cafeteria."

I was pretty sure that she was trying to throw a joke, but it didn't spark my interest. I mean, I didn't want to be joking with someone that is completely a stranger to me. I could only smile upon hearing that, hoping that I am not being rude.

Again, I tried to remember whether she was one of my friends' friends and to no avail, I am completely sure that she was not one of them. Maybe she was one of them, but since I was still new, I was not familiarised with her beautiful face.

"Do you want to ride with me?" she motioned her head to the backseat of the motorcycle.

"No, thanks."

'Who did she think she was? We just met a few minutes ago, and now trying to make me her passenger?'

"It is already near." I added.

"Alright." She shrugged, before continuing,

"I want to make another fortune telling. I could tell that one day, you will be the passenger on this bike of mine. Believe me."

I couldn't deny that her words made me felt something in the small heart of mine. I wasn't sure whether it was a good or a bad feeling. I remained silent, not knowing what to reply to her.

"I shall make a move now. Goodbye." Her voice suddenly filled the air between us.

I nodded and smiled to her and with that, she revved her motorcycle and rode it to the school's gate. From the back, I could see the morning breeze that blew on her face had made her hair flowing beautifully, and I was imagining how beautiful her face could be with her hair flowed like that.

During the recess, I decided to go to the cafeteria. However, it was not to let the girl have a strike in her fortune telling.

Tch, I never thought about her fortune telling for even once in my classes. I only wanted to buy some drinks as I am really thirsty. Definitely not to meet her.

'You could tell that I am lying right now.'

Before I could walk out of my classroom, my classmate, who was apparently the class monitor with the name of Hyunjin asked me whether he could have a talk with me.

"There is something important that I wanted to talk about with you."

He even offered to buy me anything that I want in the cafeteria. I nodded and with that, he made his move to the cafeteria. Not long after, he came with a few bottles of drinks.

"I am not sure which one you would like to have. I forgot to ask you before I went to the café." He scratched his nape, giving me a worried look.

'Cute.'

I replied him with a smile and took a bottle of chrysanthemum tea.

"I will take this."

He nodded with a shy smile. I chuckled and said, "You are quite cute, Hyunjin." And I swear he blushed upon hearing my comment.

I was about to tease him more, but our other classmates, Minnie and Jongin came over my table and each of them took a seat in front of us.

They proposed me to become the class's secretary. I smiled and agreed to their proposal, since it is quite an easy position to deal with. I was the school's secretary when I was in my previous school. So, it should be much easier to deal with, am I right?

While we were having our conversation, someone entered the classroom. The other three wore a quite shocked face upon seeing the person.

She introduced herself as Lia, someone from the class next door. She gave me a letter.

"Don't get me wrong, beautiful. This is from my friend." She then winked to me before leaving the four of us.

---------------

Yeji,

I am wrong in my very first fortune telling about you. I am sorry. But I want to try a new one. We will meet tomorrow.

--------------

As soon as I finished reading the letter, I already knew who the sender of this short letter was. I smiled and folded the letter before putting it in one of my notebooks on the table.

"Who gave you that?" Hyunjin asked, with curiosity was plastered on his face.

"Someone that I met this morning."

Hyunjin just nodded and we continued our conversation. However, I suddenly found out that I was not concentrating with the topics that they brought into. I don't know how it happened, but I was reminiscing my morning with a certain blue haired girl that was on her motorcycle.

After the school ended, I was fetched by my uncle. I didn't use the van as usual as I should be headed to a relative's place to celebrate my cousin's birthday.

On my way there, I suddenly thought about the content of a letter from the fortune teller. How can we meet on the next day?

"Uncle, today is Friday, am I right?" I asked my uncle, wanting to make sure that I am not mistaken.

"Yes, Yeji. Why? Do you have anything to be settled today?"

"No. I just wanted to make sure of it."

'Her fortune telling must be failed again, just as the previous one. Tomorrow is the weekend. How can we meet if it is not in school?'