Chapter 12: We Ended

Yeonjun came with his uncle, Mr. Choi. He is someone who could turn the table upside down; not by strength and rather, through negotiations. I am quite uncomfortable with his presence. No, I am quite uncomfortable with the presence of both of them.

I knew why Yeonjun brought his uncle together with him; to reconcile with me. He knew I couldn't say no to him whenever Mr. Choi was around.

I made a straight face while motioning the both of them to enter the house and let them to sit on the sofa. My mother entered the living room with some snacks and tea. She then left the three of us to talk. She seems like trying not to meddle in my business. I appreciate it much.

I turned my gaze towards Yeonjun, who is trying his best to appear as pleading as possible. As remorseful as possible. As regretful as possible.

'I am sorry, Yeonjun. Everything will come to an end. Our times had ended. I already found a new book to read on.'

Mr. Choi cleared his throat, trying to get my attention.

"Yeji, look. The things that had happened in Jeonju is a mistake. It is a common thing to happen between couples. Arguing, bickering, and quarrelling is a common thing to occur between couples. Yeonjun is also a human. He can make mistakes. He is afraid of losing you. to him, you are his everything. He couldn't bear to lose you. That thoughts had made him to act like that. He became defensive towards you. Moreover, he is still a young man. He couldn't really control himself when he was raged at that time."

I sighed, nodding, wanting Mr. Choi to continue his speech on Yeonjun-Is-Not-Wrong-At-All.

"It is not I am trying to defend him. He also had confessed to me that he is also wrong by acting like that. Everybody makes mistakes. I also made mistakes, from time to time. You also made mistakes at times. Everybody does."

I rolled my eyes upon hearing that. I couldn't help myself for being rude in front of someone that is older than me. But the fact that his uncle is pressing me like this made me wanna throw hands onto Yeonjun's face.

"I came all the way to Seoul from Jeonju just to accompany Yeonjun to meet you. I really hope that you will forgive him and get back together. I also want to make sure that this little boy right here will promise to you that he won't ever do that same mistake towards you again." Mr. Choi ruffled Yeonjun's hair.

"Yej."

"Don't call me with that name, Yeonjun." I glared at him.

"Yeji, I beg you. Please forgive him. Please let the mistakes that he had done before to be as a lesson for him to be more matured both in his life and your relationship."

"That's it?"

"Yes, Yeji."

"Then let it be as a lesson for him not to act like that. And also, as a lesson for me not to give more chances for a douchebag like him."

"You were saying?" I could see the rage in Yeonjun's eyes.

"Mr. Choi. The scene in Jeonju is not the first time he had done to me. This boy right here is a really jealous person. He didn't even allow me to be friends with anybody that I like. He didn't even let me to talk with any boys, including for educational purposes. All these times, I could bear with it. No. I tried to. But for Jeonju's incident, it was beyond the limit. I couldn't bear with it and forgive him. What type of a boyfriend would call his girlfriend with degrading names? In public? He even tried to slap me. Yes, not everyone will treat me really well. I got it. But he was my boyfriend at that time. It doesn't really hurt if someone that hate me to call me names. But he was my boyfriend. How could he called me like that if it is true that he loves me? Is that really a love?"