Chapter 20: What Had Happened?

On the next day, early in the morning, the people in the house were already busy with their respective deeds. My mother was making plain bread, to be sprinkled with milk and butter. I've been in my school uniform and sitting on a dining chair, to put on my socks.

"Dad will come home today, right?" I asked my mom.

"Yes, my dear."

"Jimin! Hurry up!" My mother shouted.

"Alright!"

Not long after, Jimin came out with a towel.

"This afternoon, me and Jimin will go to Aunt Mimi's house."

"Will you stay the night there?"

"Yes, dear. Do you want to tag along?"

"No, thanks."

"Alright, Yeji."

"Hurry up and take a shower" and with that, Jimin hurried off to the bathroom.

"Earlier, Ryujin called me."

"Oh? What did she say?"

"She said that she wanted to pick you up for school."

Soon, there was the sound of a motorbike. That's my Ryuddaeng. I am very excited to meet her, so I immediately put on my shoes.

"Have your breakfast first!"

"I don't want to be late!" I replied hurriedly.

I cleaned my hands with the rag that was on the table, then walked outside carrying a loaf of bread filled with chocolate and condensed milk.

"Bring some for Ryujin."

"This is enough, mom." I replied.

Ryujin was standing on the porch when I opened the door. She was wearing a uniform that was wrapped by her jeans jacket. I don't know why did she wear the school uniform because she was still suspended due to her fight with Eunwoo.

"Hey!" I greeted her.

"Where's mom?" Ryujin asked.

"In the house."

Ryujin moved, to look into the house.

"Mom, we will go to school first" she shouted by waving into the house.

"Alright! Take care, Ryujin!" my mom shouted from inside.

"Do you want some?" I offered Ryujin the bread, just before walking away to the motorbike.

"What is that?"

"Your favourite chocolate bread," I replied.

"Aaa!" Ryujin opened her mouth widely, wanting to be fed.

When her mouth was opened, I immediately stuffed the bread into her mouth. Ryujin chewed it while walking with me to the motorbike.

"Why the hell is a gangster being fed?" I said after being on the motorbike, she smiled.

"Because I am your baby, right?" she played with her brows while chuckling.

The motorbike had left my yard, while she was still laughing.

At that time, I actually wanted to discuss a serious matter, namely the possibility of Ryujin being expelled from school. But I don't want to spoil the atmosphere and it looks like she doesn't want to talk about it either.

Suddenly, her motorbike slowed.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"The bread is out of stock," she replied.